So, it has been a really long time since I got one here and posted anything...so this might get long. I won't begrudge those of you who don't make it through!
First of all my kids have said some really cute things lately. Isaac has an imagination coming out of his ears! He pretends the cutest things. The other day at dinner he pretended that a giant was sleeping on our roof. He wouldn't let any of us talk above a whisper, because if we did we would wake up the giant. He also has an imaginary cat and dog. The dogs name is Lucky and the cats name is Isaac-I guess he ran out of names. But he will tell me about them and what they are doing..."They are lost, let's go find them. They are hiding from a monster. They are in Daddy's car so we can go to the park. They are eating dinner. They are playing with my friends. They are sleeping." He better enjoy them, because they are probably the closest he will get to a cat and dog! He also gets really attached to things. Right now he is really attached to his new pj's. He never wants to get dressed in the morning, he says, "Jammies make me happy, real clothes make me sad." And when I finally do get him dressed, he carries the pj's around with him everywhere! He uses that line a lot. "I need candy for breakfast, because that makes me happy." Or he will throw a twist into it, "I need to do ______, because that makes Jesus happy."
Luke is also full of cuteness too. He is SO excited for kindergarten, and every time we drive past it, he says, "That is were I go when I am 5." He is really into playing SuperWhy! on the computer. He loves to print stuff out that he makes. The other day he runs over to me, super excited and says, "Listen Mom, the printer says 'paper paper' when it is printing!" And it really does sound like it! Any of you who have an ink jet, listen next time you print something, "paper paper paper!" He gets kind of impatient when something takes a long time to load though. The other day he said, "Let's say a prayer that it will load faster."!!!! I'm glad he is thinking to pray about his "problems!" He also asks a MILLION questions a day. I read somewhere that a 4 year old asks over 400 questions a day, and I didn't believe it before I had one, but now I do! And his questions are getting harder for me to answer. He was asking me where all the dinosaurs went, so I was trying to explain about going extinct, and he asked me when they were going to come back, and I said, I don't think they are going to, but he wasn't satisfied with that and kept asking me, so finally I just said, "I don't know Luke." and he said, "Just think, Mom!" He says that anytime I answer "I don't know." And when he asks me what we are going to do tomorrow and I day I don't know, he makes me go to the calender and look and then makes me answer even if it is just something like, "Eat lunch."
We also enjoyed a visit this past weekend from Grandma and Papa Erickson. The boys had so much fun with "the grandma that tickles me" and Papa! Luke asked them if they could move into our house. We had fun flying kites, going to the Science Center, eating Ted Drewes frozen custard, and playing Indians with Papa. Here are some cute pictures from the Science Center.




They love to wrestle each other! This is in a little house that has a sloped floor that the point of it is to be an optical illusion, but the kids just like to use it as a slide.
While they were here. Tyler and I went to clean up the highway for the "adopt-a-highway" section that our ward has. It was POURING rain. Yes, it was a delightful time, picking up soggy trash in the cold rain! The only thing that kept me going was thoughts of a warm shower and a warm bowl of oatmeal when I got home. I was amazed at the amount of trash on the side of the road though! I mean, what is the rush to get rid of your trash that you can't wait until you are home to throw it away! You wouldn't just throw your old cups, water bottles, and cigarette butts on the floor at home, so why do it outside! And the cigarette butts! We just ignored them because it would take about a month to pick them all up! I think everyone should take a turn cleaning up the highway, then no one would throw things out their windows! It sure made those old "Don't Waste Utah" commercials take on a whole new meaning!
Well, I was going to post a video of Luke riding his bike, but after an hour, the video is still loading, so maybe another time for that one!
4 comments:
Cute kids! Know about those dinosaurs...
I don't think I could ever think one of your posts are too long! I love you!
Your posts aren't long enough! Hug those boys for us!
Awww...those cute kids! And such good parents too! Mom said that the boys were crying when they left! They sure are lucky to have Grandma's and Papa's on both sides that love them so much!
Post a Comment