Also, Tyler has talked me into doing the 5K with him. He is running, I am just walking it though. So, I have started to get ready for that. I have been pretty consistent on the treadmill for the past year, but I used to only do 20 minutes a day about 1.3 miles, but now I am working up to doing 3.1 miles. I did 2.5 today. It has been good, I feel good. But I am also a little irritated! Tyler has been doing this for about 2 months. I have been doing the treadmill and doing Pilate's very consistently since we got the treadmill, like 2 years ago. And he has lost WAY more weight than I have! It is like those commercials with the cartoon couple and she says that her husband stopped drinking soda and lost 25 pounds, and so did she and she only lost like 2 pounds! That's how I feel!! And I think it is unfair that women have the harder time losing weight...we are the ones that go through pregnancy and have our bodies stretched out to huge proportions! And for those of you that can eat whatever, and not gain weight, that's unfair too! Oh, well! Guess that's life!
We have has some pretty nice weather here over the weekend. So, we went out to the park for some fun. And the park was completely packed! I think it is funny that if it had been a Friday afternoon in say, May or June, there wouldn't have been near as many people there. But since we have all been cooped up in our house, a day with some sunshine and 70 degree weather was like heaven, calling everyone out in hordes!
We also went to Texas Roadhouse this weekend. They opened a new one here in January and we said, as soon as we start getting paychecks again, we were going. Well, we finally made it there Saturday night. They have call ahead seating, so we called at 5:25, and they told us to come in at 7:15! An hour and a half later! Crazy! Then we got there, and waited until 7:55 to actually be seated! I was wondering if this would really be worth that long of a wait! And there were even crazier people there who didn't call ahead, and actually sat there for 2 1/2 hours waiting to be seated! They were probably stuffed from all the free peanuts by the time they sat down! Then when we did order our food, they first brought out our meal, then our salads, then our appetizer (we had a coupon for a free cactus blossom). I think they were just trying to move people through as fast as possible! But the food was good, the kids were good, and the rolls with that yummy cinnamon butter were awesome!
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. I haven't been very good about bringing my camera everywhere, like I used to. My new camera is bigger, so it doesn't fit as well in my purse...maybe I'll just have to get a new purse...
2 comments:
Love Texas Roadhouse. And I'm all for a new purse.
Jen you are so cute! The weight thing with men IS FRUSTRATING!!!!!! Ditto for a new purse!
Post a Comment