Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Relaxing Thanksgiving and Back to Reality

We had a really nice, relaxing Thanksgiving weekend.  We got to go up to Ohio to visit Tyler's parents.  It was nice to be able to relax and not worry or think about finding a job.  Plus, my mother-in-law is a wonderful cook and we got to enjoy her wonderful cooking, instead of mine! Here are some of the highlights.

The boys had a blast playing in the snow and having a snowball fight.  


We made little turkeys out of cookies and candy while we waited for the real one to cook.   
Luke could hardly wait to bite into his and Isaac couldn't wait for his to be finished before he started eating it! 



We went on a little hike.  It wasn't as cold as it looked! 




And the boys had fun rough housing with Daddy.  I should add that no one was injured while playing this game, even though the pictures look pretty wild! 



We also did a little Black Friday shopping.  It was nice to have a shopping partner this year since Robin and Ken could stay with the boys. Tyler came with me.  It is much more fun with someone, but I miss going with my sisters and my mom.  There was a  man at the Target we went to that got caught on camera tripping a lady in front of him so he could get in front of her and was arrested.  We didn't see any of that happening though, just read it in the paper the next day. Crazy people.  It is crazy enough to get up at 4 in the morning the day after eating turkey to get some good deals, but that is a whole different kind of crazy.  At least no one got trampled to death like in that Walmart in NY. 

We also saw the movie Bolt. It was hilarious! I think Tyler and I laughed harder than everyone in the theater.  I highly recommend it! 

We left EARLY Monday morning, 6 am, in order to get back in time to pick up the kids I baby-sit.  The kids did great on the way home, but as soon as we go here they were so GRUMPY and TIRED! I was so sick of them whining and grouching that they were in bed by 7:15! But they needed it as much as I did.  Now we are just getting back to reality full of job searches, homework, and studying for Tyler, and cleaning, laundry, and chasing after little kids for me.  It sure was nice to get away! 

1 comment:

Kimbrough's in St. Louis said...

I am glad you were able to have an enjoyable Thanksgiving. Keep your chin up, things have a way of working out for the best. :)