This is just some stuff I have been thinking about lately.
I have also stopped watching the news like I used to. Part of it is because since we cancelled our satellite, we no longer get Fox News, my news station of choice, but also because I am sick of hearing all the bad news going on. It just makes me more depressed and worried. I have always liked to stay informed about what is going on, but this time, I am trying to remain blissfully ignorant! It may just help me stay sane during this very stressful time for us!
I was also thinking about some of the things I have learned this past month since Tyler lost his job. I am so glad we have some food storage for one. We don't have anywhere near a 1 year supply, but I had been slowly, but faithfully building it up and just having what we do have has enabled me to cut our grocery bill in half, which is a huge help! I am also glad that we again, slowly, but faithfully built up our savings. It is comforting to know that we are able to meet our needs for several months, and I am sure (and Tyler is even more sure) that we will have a job before then. I have also learned that our needs are able to be met with much less that I used to think and that a lot of what we used to buy were mostly wants and definitely not needs. But maybe I need to learn that one more, because honestly when Tyler gets a job I am looking forward to buying something completely frivolous and fun!
I am also amazed that tomorrow is Dec. 10th! It seems that December is flying by! I remember when I was a kid thinking that December was the longest month of the year. The days just crawled by. Now 15 days until Christmas sounds like nothing.
My Dad has informed me also that I need to put more pictures of my kids up, so he can see them. So these are for you Dad!
My kids are just posers. They both struck these poses and told me to take their picture. You can tell they are used to Mom taking tons of pictures!
Luke had his last soccer game on Saturday. Everyone gets a medal. His last game was probably his best. He kicked the ball 3 or 4 times, and threw it in, to the right team! Next year he should be much improved. He said he wants to play again. Isaac wanted a medal too, so I made him one (aren't I a nice Mommy?) and every time he puts it on he yells, "I WON!"
This is from our ward Christmas party. They were both very excited to see Santa. You can tell Luke is giving a very detailed description of what he wants Santa to bring and that Isaac is mostly interested in the candy cane!
2 comments:
Miss you...
Jen, you amaze me! Can I use some of your thoughts in my talk on Sunday?
Post a Comment