Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve

During the day we went to the Magic House.  I forgot my camera, but the kids had fun playing with all the new stuff that just opened there.  It was a fun way to spend the day and kept the kids busy enough that they weren't asking every five minutes, "When will it be Christmas?" 

We had Christmas Eve dinner with our friends, the Novak's.  We had a yummy dinner, then the kids acted out the nativity.  Luke was a very serious angel! He did a great job repeating back what the angel said to the Shepard's.  And Isaac was a great Shepard who takes care of trucks instead of sheep, apparently! 





When we got home we read the nativity again from Luke while the boys munched on carmel corn.  I think this will become a new tradition! 


Then they got to open the present they picked out for each other. Then of course the traditional pajamas present.  They also got Spider-man slippers and when Isaac saw his he gave the cutest little giggle of happiness! 


Then we left cookies and milk for Santa and apples for the reindeer.  Luke counted out eight apples earlier in the day to make sure we had enough for all of them! Here is the note the I wrote, according to Luke's instructions;

Dear Santa, 
I like you all the time. I like to open presents.  I already opened one.  We would like an airplane with a remote and with a guy.  We have been good! 
Love, 
Luke and Isaac

(When they say guy they mean the pilot that comes with the airplane)

Then it was off to bed for visions of sugar plums, or more likely planes and trains! 

No comments: