Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Unwelcome guest

Last night Tyler and I were getting ready to watch The Office (we recently become hooked and have been renting the DVD's and catching up on the past seasons.) Anyway, I was in the kitchen getting some ice cream and all of a sudden I hear Tyler say, "Oh, my gosh!" So I go into the family room and ask what and he says, "We have a mouse!" I immediately jumped on top of a chair. Really cliché I know, but that really was my first reaction! And I am thinking, "Did I really just do that!" I am also thinking, "I keep my house clean, so what is a mouse doing in here!" Well, we have a big stone fireplace and the grout in between some stones is chipping out and I guess it is hollow under there because that is where Tyler saw the mouse. It went down the crack into the fire place. So, I had Tyler stuff the hole up and get some mouse poison to put down the hole that will kill/decompose the mouse since I don't want to have to tear down my fireplace to get to it! Then I didn't want to sit on the couch closest to the fireplace and I kept looking over there for the rest of the night. But that isn't the end of my story. Last night after we went to bed, I was laying in bed and I couldn't get this mouse out of my head. I kept picturing it coming out and looking for food or something and I am thinking, "I didn't vacuum today, I am sure there are crumbs," and "I think there is a bowl of crackers out on the counter, what if he goes and gets them." So at 11:00 at night I got up and cleaned and swept my kitchen and vacuumed upstairs and downstairs. And my husband and kids slept right through it! Silly I know, but it made me feel better! I have had enough of the "wildlife" around our house! With the woodpecker we had that pecked on our house (I think we got rid of that), the dead bunny in our backyard, and now this mouse, not to mention the snake I also saw in our backyard, you would think we lived in the middle of the country instead of a suburb of St. Louis!

1 comment:

Tera said...

You have found way too many little rodents lately! I hope this is the end of it. I also got a good laugh when I read that you actually jumped up on a chair. Actually, I probably would have done the same thing.