Thursday, July 31, 2008
A big boy, almost.
Isaac is sleeping in a big boy bed now! I can't believe it! It started with the bunk beds. After we set them up Isaac wanted to sleep in them, that very night. At first I resisted. I wasn't quite ready to give up the convenience of the crib. But that night Isaac was very unhappy about being put into his crib. Tyler prevailed upon me to let him sleep in the big bed. So, I let him. That first night was a little rocky. He got out of bed only once and then did fine until about 1:00 when we got a huge thunderstorm. Usually those don't wake him up, but the combination of being in a new bed and a thunderstorm spooked him a little and he finished the rest of the night in the crib. The next night he did great, no problems at all. The third night when I went and checked on him, and he was asleep on the floor. I don't think he fell out of bed, since I didn't hear a bang. I didn't hear any noise at all, so I think he just got out and laid on the floor. Then last night, the fourth night, no problems at all. He is still using the crib for naps, but after we get back from Utah, I think I am going to get rid of the crib completely. Unless he won't nap in the big bed. Then it will be back to naps in the crib because naps are very, very important! But judging by how easy the night time switch was, I am hoping the naps will go just as smoothly! Now, if only potty training were going this well. He was nearly there, and then regressed a little. He seems to be unwilling to accept the responsibility of telling me when he needs to go and the only time he will got is if I make him sit on the potty. And even then, he will not do a #2 on the potty at all. The closest we have gotten in right in front of the potty, at Church. Yeah, fun. But I guess all things about having kids can't be easy. How would we learn anything that way, right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment