Well, today was Luke's official first day of preschool! I think it was a hit! We went for the Open House Tuesday and he was very disappointed that he didn't get to stay and have preschool that day. Then today he was up and ready to go at 7:30. School doesn't start until 9:00 so it was a long morning of anticipation for him. I was telling him we needed to eat breakfast first and brush our teeth etc. and he just kept saying that I could do those things after I took him to preschool.




It was pouring rain today as the remains of Gustav passed over St. Louis today, so that made picture taking a little more difficult.
So, when we finally got there I was a little surprised when he started to get a little shy and ask me if I could stay with him. I told him I would be there to pick him up after preschool, just like I pick him up after Primary or after playing at a friends house and that he would have lots of fun. He went into the classroom just fine though. When I picked him up and he saw me he gave me the biggest, heart-melting smile, and the first words out of him mouth were, "Hi Momma, that was fun!" He told me he liked making a chalkboard for his art project and that his teacher, Mrs. "Stutinski" (which is really Suidinski) was wearing a shirt that had crayons that could walk on it. Those were the highlights for him I guess!
So, when we finally got there I was a little surprised when he started to get a little shy and ask me if I could stay with him. I told him I would be there to pick him up after preschool, just like I pick him up after Primary or after playing at a friends house and that he would have lots of fun. He went into the classroom just fine though. When I picked him up and he saw me he gave me the biggest, heart-melting smile, and the first words out of him mouth were, "Hi Momma, that was fun!" He told me he liked making a chalkboard for his art project and that his teacher, Mrs. "Stutinski" (which is really Suidinski) was wearing a shirt that had crayons that could walk on it. Those were the highlights for him I guess!
Isaac was a little sad that he didn't get to stay there with Luke. He really loves his big brother. But I think he had fun with Mom though! I sure had fun with him. It was nice to spend a little one-on-one time with him.

I swear my kids just keep getting cuter and cuter!





2 comments:
Jen, I want to cry. He's a big boy now! He would be old enough for Box Car Pre-school (if there was one anymore)--I knew that but it just hit me seeing those pictures. i'm jealous of his teachers. He's going to be a "favorite" student. Give him a hug for us--Isaac too.
Isn't crazy that school is already underway. I always wonder where the time goes. Both of the boys are so grown up!
Post a Comment