Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What we've been doing

Whenever we talk to my family or Tyler's family, they always ask what cute things the kids have done lately.  I can't always remember. But in an effort to try and record some everyday things I took pictures almost everyday last week. So, here is a little bit of what we have been doing lately.

Soccer
Luke recently started soccer.  He really loves it.  Tyler is one of his coaches.  He has had two practices and after each practice he says something like, "That was so very fun!"  He is one of the youngest on his team, and has a blast.  Isaac tolerates being on the sideline with me.  He really wishes he could go play like Luke.  


Library
Every Monday I take the kids to story time at the library.  Last week was pirate week.  Luke liked the parrot.  Isaac just wanted to do puzzles.  This week was super hero week, and it has been by far their favorite story time ever. They made a mask and got a cape.  Isaac has worn his practically non-stop since then, including 3 stores and the bank.  Isaac says he is "oopa-man" (Superman) and pretends to fly everywhere.  It really is about the cutest thing ever! Luke pretends to be Spiderman.  It has been great for me too, because it has provided hours of entertainment so far.

  

Outside Fun
We have been enjoying the nice fall weather.  The kids love riding bikes, running races, drawing with sidewalk chalk, and collecting sticks.  But I think their favorite outside thing that we have done lately was when I let them squish their feet in the mud and wash it off in the wading pool.  Isaac didn't really like the mud as much as Luke, but he definitely liked walking around in the muddy water.  They sure needed a bath afterward! 


Playgroup
This week for playgroup we went to Suson Park.  They just redid the playground and it is really cool.  There is lots of climbing things now, which is one of my boys favorite things to do. There is also a little farm there and they always like looking at the animals.  




New Dishwasher
I finally got my new dishwasher! It took Tyler a few hours to get it in, but it works great! I really appreciate him giving up his Saturday afternoon for me! Thanks honey! The boys got a new toy that day too, the BOX! They had a blast playing in it, eating lunch in it, and "sleeping" in it. 


Miscellaneous 
We have a pear tree in our  front yard that gave good fruit for the first time since we moved here.  That is only about a fourth of what we got.  They are really good. 
The other night I went to check on the boys before going to sleep and found them both asleep in the top bunk.  We asked them in the morning why they were asleep in the same bed and Luke said, "Because we are friends and need to share our bed!" Aww, so sweet! 
The kid are also ready for Halloween already.  I got out my fall stuff yesterday and they found their costumes in it.  Mr. Incredible and a Monkey.  Isaac wanted to sleep with his monkey costume on last night. He certainly is developing a thing for dressing up!  




Well, long post I know, but it makes me feel like we have had a great week, in spite of everything breaking down! 


2 comments:

Kim said...

Man, your family is too dang cute! I am so happy that you guys are so happy in Arnold - - what a great place to live! Happy 6th Anniversary tomorrow! Love you guys!

Mom Box said...

Happy Aniversary today! Six years and counting and 2 beautiful boys. Love you!