I am so glad that last week is over! It started off with Tyler's car breaking down on Monday. It needed a new serpentine belt, overflow reservoir, and a power steering pump. Then I started getting sick on Wednesday and had no energy for the rest of the week. Which was not helped by the fact that Tyler had his regular 2 nights of class, plus one night of soccer coach training (he is going to be one of Luke's coaches). So he didn't get home until ten on those three days. Then my dishwasher started leaking, and Tyler spent most of Saturday morning trying to fix it and then decided that it would be nearly as expensive to fix it than to just buy a new one. So we went to pick a new one out and it will be here in a week, so that means I will be hand washing dishes for the rest of the week. Also on Saturday our satellite stopped working so we called to see what was the matter and they said that they would have to send a tech out to fix a transponder or something and that would be another 100 dollars just to have him come, then parts and labor on top of that. Well, we were kind of irritated about that since we pay them every month for them to provide those channels to us anyway, so we decided to just switch our satellite from Dish to DirectTV. But we didn't get to watch any of the football games that we wanted to on Saturday!
So, overall not my favorite week! But things did end on a much better note. Luke started soccer and really loved it-I will post pictures soon. We were able to visit with Tyler's Dad on Saturday evening, BYU totally DOMINATED UCLA 59-0! (Go Cougs!) and Tyler and I were able to go to an amazing fireside put on by Gladys Knights and her choir. It was so awesome. It is her way of sharing the Gospel, and the spirit was really amazing. And while I still have some lingering effects of my cold, I am not as tired as last week. So, this week should be better than last week!
And I am grateful for good kids and Disney movies, which is how stay at home moms take their sick days. I am also grateful for a savings account so this weeks misfortunes were not devastating to us. I am grateful for my kind and thoughtful husband who does so much for us without complaint. And I am grateful for the Gospel, to help us keep perspective.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
From a Perfect Day to a Loooong Week! "There must be oppostion in all things." Hope this week is perfect with maybe one looohg day.
Your mom said it perfectly! I hope that the coming weeks are a big improvement. Isn't frustrating when things break down? And all at once? That always seems to happen.
Is there a good reason you are feeling sick?
What a week! When it rains it pours doesn't it. Your blog is super cute and I can't believe how big your boys are. What a cute family you have. I hope this week goes better for you!
Post a Comment