Monday, September 8, 2008

Perfect Day

I am a little later in posting this than I wanted too, but better late than never. Last Friday was a perfect day. Nothing big or terribly exciting happened, but it was one of those days, as a stay-at-home Mom that you really treasure. And I want to remember it, so on those not so perfect days when I feel like this is the hardest job ever, I can remember the benefits. Friday was prefect in many ways. It was a slightly overcast, cool, promise that Fall is coming, kind of day. My kids didn't get up at 6 in the morning, only 7. They played so nicely, sitting together on the floor coloring while I actually got the kitchen cleaned quickly and without interruption. And since I got the house cleaned without interruption, I had more time to just sit down on the floor with them and color, do puzzles, and play games. No one had to go to time out and no temper tantrums where thrown, Mommy included :). Luke went into his break, and stayed there the whole time without coming out every ten minutes asking me if it was over yet. Then the kids' friends came over to be babysat and they all played together wonderfully, even Isaac who tends to get territorial over his toys when lots of kids are here. Then Tyler was home for the weekend and we got to watch season one of The Office, which is the only season I haven't seen yet and which was so funny. That may not seem like a very perfect day to some people, and may even sound kind of boring to some, but for me, it was pretty close to perfect.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds perfect to me too! I love you!