Friday, March 21, 2008

Why I love St. Louis

Today we enjoyed some nice weather after all the rain we just got and went to the St. Louis Zoo. The zoo is one of my favorite places to go here in St. Louis. We go often, we have already been to the zoo three times this year. The kids love to go too. They love pretending to be all the animals they see. Today Luke was a chicken. We didn't actually see a chicken, but he was walking like a chicken and laying eggs. Funny. I like to see the animals too, but the zoo is my favorite place for a different reason. It is FREE! Yes, that's right, FREE! Meaning I have a place to take my kids and have a great time without playing a cent! Now that is priceless!!


That is the reason I love St. Louis. Not only is the zoo free, but there is a Science Center that is FREE too! They have a building section that the kids love. That is Isaac building something with those cool waffle blocks. They also have a huge moving dinosaur, spaceships you can play on, huge blocks to build the Arch and tons more. All for free! There is also the famous "train store." I have never actually bought anything at this store. In fact, the only people I have seen buy things at this store are grandparents! (This included my kids' grandparents!) But, you can go to this store and there are about 5 train tables for kids to play with. Talk about heaven for my boys! They can stay there for hours! There is also a really cool nature reserve with fun crafts and nature games for kids (free), several farms to visit (free), and tons of great parks, all with in 20-30 minutes from my house. Talk about a kid friendly area! We have lived in St. Louis for 2 and a half years now, and really love it here. Not only is there tons of (FREE!) stuff to do here, we have made some great friends. I really am glad we moved here!

3 comments:

Tera said...

Why can't things in Utah be free? We should come and live in Missouri! Your boys are growing up so fast. Your posts are so fun!

Kim said...

Ditto to everything Tera said :)

Ashley said...

Umm...cute pics. That is all.