Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had a lot of fun this Easter. We dyed eggs in the morning. Luke was confused by the word, dye. He asked us if the eggs died. So we started to say we were coloring eggs. That made more sense to him!

Doesn't Tyler look cute in his apron!

Isaac is learning to count. Here he was counting how many cups he had. He is also learning his colors. He knows yellow, red, and blue. He called the purple one blue. Close enough!

The kids had so much fun on the egg hunt. Luke has asked every day to"play Easter egg hunt." I will let him hide the eggs and I then help him find them.

Isaac really got what he was supposed to do this year. He ran around the yard like crazy yelling "Eggs! Moe (more) Eggs!" over and over.

Luke wanted to wear his Thomas hat outside so his hair wouldn't blow away.

So of course Isaac had to wear his hat too! He loves his "Lute" as he calls him.

For the boys little Easter present we gave them this tee ball set. I actually got the tee and one bat for a dollar at a garage sale like 6 months ago and planned on giving it to them for Christmas, but I forgot about it! So, they got it for Easter instead. I think it actually worked out better this way, because they can use it outside now that it is warming up. Luke is actually really good at hitting it. He can hit it far and hard. Tyler is already having visions of cheering him on at baseball games. But now we can go outside and hit and not have to worry about my pictures getting knocked off the walls.

Isaac loves his "baitball" and bat!

We enjoyed a very nice Easter Saturday with our outdoor egg hunt and hitting the ball around, then woke up Sunday morning to snow flurries! Very unusual for us. But it was a great Easter Sunday too. We had Stake Conference then had some friends from the ward over for dinner. And the ham turned out good, unlike Christmas when I slightly burned it! It was also really cool to talk to Luke and Isaac about the Atonement and Resurrection and to have them, especially Luke, understand it and ask questions about it. That is really what it is all about.

2 comments:

Matt and Jenny said...

What a fun Easter! Nothing is better than coloring and finding Easter eggs. Oh, and Tyler does look cute in his apron. By the way, I just read about your fun free activities there in St. Louis and I'm so jealous! I would also be at the zoo all the time if it were free!
Jenny

Robin Erickson said...

What exciting traditions you are creating for your family! Luke and Isaac are the cutest boys ever! And their parents are amazing!