One if the biggest highlights of March was our visit to Ohio to see Grandpa and Grandma Erickson. Tyler had Spring Break, so we went for a visit. It was a lot of fun. We went to a nature reserve, went on a tour at a chocolate factory (yum), got to see Emily in her musical, and relaxed a lot! Here is Isaac feeding macaroni and cheese to a dinosaur that was a gift from Grandma and Papa.

The kids had so much fun playing with Grandma and Papa. This was a favorite game of the boys, being pushed around the house in the car. They even did a good job taking turns!

This looks like a nice pretty picture of a sunset over a lake right? Well it would be pretty, but there is supposed to be a couple of
pavilions and a playground there, not a lake. Another highlight (if you could call it a highlight) of March was the flooding that happened in our area. The Monday night we got home from Ohio, it started raining. It rained all night, all day Tuesday, all night again, and finally stopped at about 10 on Wednesday. I think we got about 9-10 inches of rain. Our house wasn't affected, but several other areas were. Tyler had the opportunity to help sandbag near several houses. This is one area he helped in. This wall is about as tall as Luke's 3 foot something, but in the back of the house, closer to the flooding in the park, there was a 5 or 6 foot wall Tyler also helped build. It think the river crested at 39.5 feet and flood stage is at 16 feet, so it was a pretty bad flood. There is a soccer and baseball field near the river, and the water went all the way up to the top of the backstops. I think our drought is over!


Play dough has been another big thing this month. Thank goodness for play dough! This has given me many hours of peace, the ability to get dinner made, and distracts Luke from anything! Luke loves it! He doesn't do the typical play dough things, like rolling it out and using cookie cutters and stuff. He likes to hide things in it, marbles, bugs, (plastic ones!) blocks, anything. But it
definitely keeps him busy! Just another cute thing Luke has started doing recently is to come up to me when he wants me to pick him up and say "Mama, I want you." I will asked him why he wants me and he will say, "Because I like you." I am so glad I can still hold him and will keep holding him for as long as he will let me!

I love this picture of Isaac! He is such a funny kid! He thought he was so cool that he put on Daddy's shoes all by himself. It is so much fun to see his cute little personality come out. He is so hilarious! The other morning he was calling for me to get him, so I went into his room and said "Good morning Isaac", and he started to snore this really loud fake snore! I couldn't stop laughing! Also whenever he gets an
ouchie he will run to me and say, "Kiss, Bow (blow)". One time Luke got hurt and I blew it away (it worked like a charm for all you Mom's). So now Isaac always needs me to blow his
ouchies away. I am so glad that I can do that!

We are so ready for Spring! The kids love being outside, like most kids do. Outside is magical! It always cheers up my kids to go outside. They have never thrown a temper tantrum outside, until it is time to come in!
In between all the rainstorms we have enjoyed going outside. We can't wait until the mud dries up and the sun shines more! March hasn't gone out like a lamb here, it is still pouring rain tonight, but hopefully April will be a lamb!
1 comment:
I love these pictures! You had a very eventful month. We are looking forward to spring as well. As I type, another storm is coming in. Back down to the 40's.
Post a Comment