Thursday, January 31, 2013

Baby stuff

This is stuff that's just been rolling around in my head for awhile.  Baby stuff.  About how I would love another little baby in our home.  And about how complicated that process is for us.  

It's no secret that we really want to adopt again.  It's just a little more complicated this time around.  Last time our agency was LDS Family Services. But they have a limit of three kids, so we can't start the process though them.  If we find an expectant mother that would like to place her baby with us, then we could use them.  If we went through another agency, it would cost us anywhere from 3 to 6 times more than LDS Family Services, and that just isn't possible for us right now.  So, we will most likely get a home study done, and use Parent Profiles to try and find an expectant mother that way.  We have had success with that, that's how Andrew's birth mother found us.  So, hopefully it will work for us again.  But most likely it will be a long road, and an uncertain one. 

So, the other day I was going though old baby clothes, and I went through the preemie clothes Andrew wore.  They are so tiny! I love the stage he is in now, all the learning and exploring and talking.  But I love, love, love newborns.  I miss that newborn smell, when they fall asleep on your chest, and even the middle of the night feedings when it is so quiet and peaceful and its just you and your little baby.  

Here are some comparisons of his little preemie clothes.  
 This one is what I brought him home from the hospital, next to some of his current pants.
Why do they have to grow up so fast! 

So, hopefully we can still grow our family.  We love adoption.  Our kids love adoption.  Luke and Isaac talk all the time about adopting a little sister.  I'm not going to lie.  I would love a little girl.  But I am good either way. I love being a Mom to wild and crazy boys. But we really feel like another child is supposed to come to our home.  We would love to have a child that Andrew could have an adoption connection to.

So, anyway, keep us in your prayers. And if you hear of any adoption opportunities, think of us! We are hoping to adopt again!

5 comments:

Heather said...

So I don't know if this will help but in my Public Health class we were talking about community resources and they said that the Division of Child and Family Services helps with adoption. I'm sure you already know this but I just thought that I would mention this to you!

Heather said...

http://www.hsdcfs.utah.gov/

Mom Box said...

We are praying for you!

Mom Box said...

We are praying for you!

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

We will keep you in our prayers. Any child placed in your home will be so blessed to have you as his/her mother!