Isaac turned 7 yesterday. I can't believe it. I feel like I am not getting older at all, and then I blink and my kids are old.
Isaac is seriously one of the sweetest kids I know. He is kind and nice to everyone. He covers me with his blanket and kisses my cheek when I am sick. He gets really bad growing pains that wake him up at night, and he comes and cuddles with me to feel better. When I take him back to bed he gives me a big hug, even half asleep. On Saturday, if the kids are up really early and Tyler and I are sleeping in, he will come give me a kiss before going down stairs to play.
He is also super smart. He does well in everything at school. Just to brag on him for a minute, he can read 154 words per minute. 154! By mid 1st grade, the benchmark # is 23 words per minute. He works hard at everything too and is a perfectionist. He is also a good little athlete. He isn't afraid to go for it! He also likes to practice to get better.
And he is very silly. He is always making us laugh and loves to tell jokes and make funny faces.
We sure love this boy to pieces!!
He got to have 3 parties this year. One on Friday with some of the Erickson family. I thought I got pics of that, but I can't find them. Anyway, we had a pizza party and a movie night. I set up a concession stand and the kids bought treats. They love doing that. Isaac specifically requested that for his birthday.
He also had a party with friends. He is lucky to have lots of little 1st graders in this neighborhood. There are so many, there are some that he doesn't know very well yet! He invited about 7 boys and girls to his party. We had a Ninjago party. I don't have very many pictures of this. Tyler was sick all weekend, so I was running this party solo. We pinned the eyes on the Ninja. I also made a bunch of throwing stars, and we threw them through rings for practice and then knocked balloons (aka, the bad guys) off of cans. I also filled a bunch of balloons up with candy and hung them from the ceiling. We used a foam sword with a pin stuck in it to pop the balloons and get the candy. It was the favorite thing for all the kids.
| Here is Isaac popping his balloon... |
| and opening presents.... |
| and just about to blow the candles out. LOVE this picture! |
| This is the morning of his birthday, blowing out the candles on the cinnamon rolls! |
That night my family came over for party #3!
| He wanted to open the big present first. |
| A skateboard! We were fixing Santa's mistake of bringing a 2 wheeled skateboard. Obviously he LOVES it! Look at that smile! |
| Isaac's "ice cream" cake. :) |
1 comment:
I love you, Isaac!
Post a Comment