So I know there are at least 2 or 3 people who have been wanting to see my new house. That isn't very new anymore I guess. Can it really have been 7 months?! I meant to post these soon after we moved in. But I kept telling myself I would do it after I finished x, y, and z. But that soon became x, y, and z, z, z, z, z..... Plus, who am I kidding. I am always changing things. :) I also kind of hesitated to post pictures because my house isn't magazine worthy design. But I don't live in a magazine, or have a blog where people are looking for ideas, so there goes that excuse. So today, I finally did it and took some pictures. My house, especially my boys room, was mostly clean, so I didn't have that excuse either. So, here is my house.
Here is the living room from when we looked at the house.
And now. My favorite part is the wood on the wall made from wood that I made our movers bring from Missouri. They weren't very happy about it. It came from our old fence that we torn down.
And the kitchen before...
And now...
I love the layout and the storage space, but it is in need of a face lift that is coming this summer when I ship my kids off to Grandma and Papa's house for a week.
Here is the family room.
And here it is now with my cute little Andrew watching his favorite show, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. This is right before he climbed up on the counter, and somehow managed to get the lid off the bottle of Benedryl and dump most of it on his lap. Good thing he is so cute. :)
Guest Bedroom before.
Guest bedroom now.
My favorite things here are the embroidery hoops and that shelf. The shelf was in the house when we moved in and had star and moon cut outs that I hated but I loved how huge the shelf was, so I covered them with wood with knobs on them to look like little drawers.
Luke and Isaac's room before. The pink wasn't going to work for 2 boys.
Luke and Isaac's room now. Go Cougars.
The room started as the playroom and Andrew was in the guest room.
But then we really needed a guest room, so Andrew's room is basically a playroom with a crib.
Master bedroom before.
And now. My favorite thing here is the headboard, that I built all. by. myself. With more of our old fence boards. Oh, and I love my IKEA rug. And I love that I have an IKEA close by.
I haven't done much here, but am planning on painting or staining the cabinets. But I love my bathroom. For those that knew how small my old one is, you can understand why. :)
We have lots of things we are planning on doing this year, like finish our basement, so I will show the 2 or 3 of you that care to see it when we are done. And maybe it will be before 7 months have past.
1 comment:
Thanks for [finally] giving us a tour of your house! ;) I really like it and I think you have it decorated really cute. I'm glad that you made the movers take the scrap wood with you, because I love what you do with it! I also especially like the colors that you've used to decorate the master bedroom. It's hard to tell how big things really are from the picture, but all of the rooms look nice and spacious. Good luck on your projects. Miss you! :)
Post a Comment