Sunday, February 7, 2010

Isaac

Isaac made me a pretty proud Mom today. During sacrament meeting a 3 year old girl in our ward got up and wanted to bear her testimony. Isaac said to me, "I didn't know little kids could get up there." I told him that little kids can bear their testimony and know the Church is true too. Then Isaac said, "I know its true, I want to say it too." So I took him up there to bear his testimony. While we were waiting he said, "I don't want them to laugh at me." I assured him that if they were laughing it would only be because they thought he was cute. And he sure was cute. He is my shy kid, so it was a big thing for him to get up there. He was a little slow getting started, but as soon as he gave me a kiss and a hug, he was fine and did a great job. I'm thankful for him for getting me up there too. I need to bear my testimony more often to remind myself that I really do know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us, even though I don't understand it, still ask why, and get frustrated, I do know He will bless us. I do know things will work out. I need to say it more so during the times I get discouraged I can better remember the spirit I feel when I bear my testimony about it. So, thanks Isaac for being a good example to your Mom. I'm lucky to be your Mom!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love you guys! Miss you bunches!

Mom Box said...

Oooh! Wish we were there to see it. Give him (and Luke) a hug from us!

Robin Erickson said...

Awe!!!!! Isaac is a valiant courageous strippling warrior taught by his mother. You are an awesome mother Jen, and I mean it!