Thursday, February 11, 2010

Isaac is four!

So here are some of the highlights from my Bubba's birthday!

Every year we decorate the house with balloons and banners for birthdays and every year I wonder why we don't just get them balloons for their birthday since they have as much fun if not more with the balloons as they do with their toys.

Another tradition is to have "monkey bread" for breakfast, and since it looks like a cake, well practically is a cake, we put candles in it.

Here are the cupcakes I made for his party. He really likes dogs and he really liked these cupcakes too!

Blowing out more candles.

For Isaac's birthday party we invited some of his friends to go swimming with us at the Rec Center. Since we ended up having a snow day, the party ended up being much bigger! The more the merrier!

This was the only thing that Isaac was asking for, chattering teeth. Funny what kids think up!

One of his favorite presents. Cowboy clothes from Grandma and Papa Erickson. That morning he had just told me that he was my cowboy and that I was his cowgirl. I will gladly be your cowgirl Bubba!

He also really liked the roller skates that I got on clearance at Target for 4 bucks.

So here is a look back at Isaac.

This was the day that we brought him home from the hospital. The morning of his birthday he woke up super early and when I rolled over and saw the time I had to smile at the irony, it was 5:53, the exact minute he was born! I gave him a hug and a kiss and said happy birthday, and told him it was still night time. 5:53 is too early. But he only stayed there for 15 minutes. He was too excited!

One year...

Two years...

Three years...

Four!

Love you!

10 comments:

Mom Box said...

So cute? We miss you!!! Give them both a hug! We wish we were there!

Robin Erickson said...

Awe......what a cute cowboy!

Robin Erickson said...

Howd you make those cute cupcakes?!?!?

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

You are a WONDERFUL mother! Not only are you crafty and creative (I LOVE the cupcakes), but I don't think I've ever seen cuter children. You and Tyler are a great pair!

Lyndsie said...

So cute!!! Looks like he had fun!! :)

Tera said...

This tongues on the dog cupcakes look real! You are a good cup cake maker. You have such adorable boys!

Kim said...

Gee whiz, I love that boy. Love the cowboy costume. They are both growing up so fast. I'm really glad he got some chattering teeth! I love you guys! Ten gazillion hugs times infinity!

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! He makes a pretty cute cowboy.

Stephanie said...

So fun! They grow up so fast. I have been looking for a good monkey bread recipe. Can I have yours, it looks delicious!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the recipe. it was easy and delicious!!