I love Tyler for doing this! I love having lights on the house and am grateful I'm not the one up there!

Here is a better perspective of how high it is!
And here is the finished product! It looks so pretty!
Here are some of the new things I have made this year. I love having a saw and a vinyl cutter so I can make these things whenever I want to! I love decorating (obviously) and I want to have enough Christmas stuff that I can take down all my normal stuff and replace it with Christmas stuff and just have a Christmas house! I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there! And my saw and vinyl cutter are going to help me reach my goal!
Here are the rest of the shelves in that bookcase. I've been weird this year with my decorations. I wanted all my Santa stuff together...



All my Mickey stuff...
And all my Christ things together. I rearranged these things several time to get them just right. I'm crazy, I know! :)
Here are some close ups of some of the new things I made. That bottom block says Heavenly Peace. It was dark when I took the picture.
That block is the one that says "The magic of Christmas is not in the presents, but in His Presence." I saw on in a catalog that looks just like it, same font and everything! But this one cost me a lot less!
More stuff I made! I got the idea from this blog, run by a friend that I worked with to do Super Sat. She does really cute stuff! I just modified it a bit!

I like this nativity scene I made because it is something the kids can play with and I don't have to worry about it breaking.

Remember the Spooky Countdown I posted? Well, we also made a Joyful Countdown. I got that Cabbage Patch when I was 17 for Christmas. Yes, I was still getting dolls! I love Cabbage Patch Kids though!
Can you spot the mistake on that one? Opps! Don't worry, I fixed it! Luckily I caught it before I sealed it! Merry Chistmas everyone! :)
Last night we had our ward party. It was a lot of fun and of course the highlight for the boys was seeing Santa!
This is something I've seen on several friends blogs. I am pretty sure I did this last year, but thought I would do it again, since it fits in with my Christmas theme of this post!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving, unless we are going out of town, then I do it before we leave.
4. When do you take the tree down? around Jan. 2
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I loved getting dolls. I remember one that I especially wanted that has a little basket bassinet and all sorts of clothes and baby stuff. I loved it.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad and Father-in-law, my brother and brother-in-laws. I think boys are harder than girls. At least once we get old!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Luke and Isaac
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, several
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail them.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life, hands down! Oh, and this year I found a DVD of Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas that I remembered loving as a kid. Tyler doesn't remember it though. It's the one where Alvin gives his Golden Echo Harmonica to a sick kid, then has to figure out how to get a new one so he can play it at Carnegie Hall on Christmas Eve. My kids love it! After we watched if for the first time Luke said, Mom, that movie is totally AWESOME!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually around July :)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Christmas gift, no. Wedding gift, yes!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham, sugar cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, I like white. My kids were making me feel guilty this year because they wanted colored. They didn't seem to care once we got them on the tree though!
17. Favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night, Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We've stayed home the past three years. It's easier with little kids. But family is always welcome to travel HERE!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer. Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and of course Rudolf. Did I get them all?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? An angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? PJ's on Christmas Eve, and rest in the morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? crazy people on Black Friday. No toy is worth getting into fights with other people!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't really have a theme, although this year I've been into grouping my stuff as I just posted! And our tree just a random collection of ornaments and I like it that way! But I am partial to my Disney ornaments and the ones I made with our names on it.
24. Favorite thing to do this time of season? Doing fun traditional things with my kids. Decorate! Shop!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Same as last year, a baby.
If you need something to blog about, I would love to get to know the Christmas in you!













5 comments:
If I only I lived closer...I could benefit from your crafty skills! Wish we could see you...I guess we'll have our countdown until June!
Your house looks very cute!
I have that Chipmunks movie too! I watched it this weekend along with Charlie Brown's Christmas. I love you!
You're a talented decorator!
Thanks for the invite! Gotta love those husbands who will get onto the roof! And I love your nativity!
Jenny Draper
Post a Comment