Friday, December 18, 2009

Blues Game

Okay, this is the last post I am going to make today! I've been so busy that I haven't gotten around to posting some things that I've been wanting to!

Tuesday night Tyler and I went on a fun date. First we went to eat, then to a St. Louis Blues game. We had awful seats, like 5 rows from the top, but it was a lot of fun. The Blues even won! And it was Brett Hull night, and even I, who knows NOTHING about hockey, had heard that name before...I think it was either in the movie Mighty Ducks or The Cutting Edge. In fact that is the extent of both Tyler's and my knowledge of hockey, the triple deeke, and the Flying V. But the fights are crazy! They are just a normal part of the game! The refs just sit there and watch the players punch each other for a bit then, they try and break it up! Any other sport, the players would have been ejected from the game for throwing a punch! Tyler Googled hockey rules on his Blackberry while we were there and on the sight he found there was a section called, "Why do the refs let fights happen?" or something like that. And it said that the refs are trying to decide who is to blame and also they don't want to get injured. Tyler and I both scoffed at that explanation, just flag them both and wear pads! But I think the rest of the crowd and probably all hockey fans like the fights! But even though we are hockey novices, we had a great time. This past semester has been hard with Tyler taking nine credits, gone so much at class or doing homework, that it was really nice to be together.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Hockey games are fun! Lots of action and you don't have to understand it.

Kim said...

I went to a hockey game once when I was at BYU-I. I think it was actually in Wyoming - - right on the border. There were a bunch of drunk cowboys that I found way more entertaining than the game!