Friday, December 18, 2009

Basketball Luke

Luke started basketball last weekend and really had fun. It is the first time he has ever really played it. I like the program, because most of it is instruction, then they play a little game at the end. It was funny to watch the game, because they don't really enforce the dribbling rule, they just keep saying, dribble the ball. If you did enforce it that would be all you did the whole game. But since the kids weren't dribbling, they were just running around with the ball, trying to pry it from the other teams hands. But here are some shots of our basketball kid!

Stretching before the game.

Practicing passing. He was really concentrating on the step they taught them.

Good catch!


Dribbling was probably the hardest for him, but he got the hang of it eventually.

I am glad that we keep putting him in sports. We don't care if he becomes a super star jock, but I do like what sports teach you; how to practice, trying your best, and to exercise. If that's all he gets out of it, we'll be happy!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Fun! He looks like he is already a better dribbler than I am! That's not hard though ;) Love you guys!