Friday, October 9, 2009

Crafty stuff.

So here are some things that I have been doing with my new saw and my Silhouette. I love both of them! My Silhouette cuts paper and vinyl and lately I've been doing lots of stuff with the vinyl.

I love this one! My friend Kellie and I made these. We are planning on making a "Joyful Countdown" too. We got the idea here.

When I was cutting the blocks of the Spooky Countdown, I messed up on some. Okay, I messed up on a lot! I'm still getting the hang of my saw. Anyway, these blocks weren't perfect squares, so I made these instead. You can flip them to make 4 different sayings.

Fall

Christmas

Valentine's Day

The rest of the year. I love how they turned out.

This was a craft from our Super Saturday. The idea came from the same blog as the Spooky Countdown. I didn't make them at Super Saturday, since I was one of the people in charge of it, I didn't have much time for crafts. But since I had all the supplies to make it, it just did it myself!

They are reversible. I'm going to make one for each holiday, plus an every day one so I can have a "stackie" spot in my house!

This is an old ugly frame I had. I don't like wood paneling! My whole basement is wood paneling and it drives me bonkers! So, I thought I could make this frame look much, much cuter. Really, how could I make it look worse! So this is what I did...

Much better, huh! Love it!

This was another craft from Super Saturday. The paper looks familiar right? Yeah, I used the leftovers from this, to make that frame!

I love these! They are in my craft room and are a pretty accurate description of me!

I made these frames awhile ago. They are made using paper. This was before my new vinyl obsession! They are still cute though!


All babies are miracles, but I feel like mine especially were! So thankful for them and wanted to make something to express that.

For my FAV season! I love the font on this one!

I used to just have these candles out without anything under them, but they were leaving wax marks on my shelf. So, I made this. Not like amazingly cute, but they look better on it, and no more wax marks.

I love this one too. (I've said that a lot!) The font is the cutest!

And last, just another random thing I made because I could!

So, as you can see I have an obsession with crafts and decorating! I really am running out of room to put things, but I'm probably not going to stop making them. Okay, I'm definitely not going to stop making them. I WILL find a place for them...or just save it until we have a bigger house!

10 comments:

Heather (Paralyzed with JOY!) said...

I love this post! It was fun to read about your crafts, and especially fun to see the pictures. So cute! I love crafty stuff, but I have the same problem as you... my room isn't big enough! I know I would be right there with you making crafts if I could because I love crafts and scrapbooking!!

Ashley said...

Umm...You are too stinkin' cute! Some day when I'm as cool as you I'll make these things. Except I would need your help and would copy all your ideas because I'm not creative. :) I love you so so much!

Kellie said...

I love the letter blocks that make the different words! And you're right, the Trick or Treat sign did turn out great!

Kimbrough's in St. Louis said...

All of your crafts turned out very cute! You have a wonderful talent!

Tera said...

Just send some crafty vibes this way! My house is SO bare. I guess I will be needing a saw and a vinyl cutter. Way to go Jen! You do have an amazing talent. I wish I could come and see your house in all its craftiness!

Mom Box said...

Jen, you could make and sell any of that stuff! $$$ But then, making it in volume might take the fun out of it. Or not. I wish I could say your crafty talent came from me! Give your "miracles" our love.

Robin Erickson said...

Jen, these are adorable!!!

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

Jen! This is amazing! You should start a business...you are very talented! =) I'd be willing to send some $$ your way for your cute stuff. Can't find this stuff in the stores! Congrats!

Karma said...

Cute! You are very talented!

Kim said...

You're amazing!!! I love you!!!