We have come to an important decision in our desire to have more children. We are going to adopt. After 2 years, 6 rounds of Clomid, 4 failed IUI's, and countless tears and prayers, I have come to terms with the fact that I will probably never get pregnant again. The pain is still there, but we have decided to direct our focus more on bringing another baby into our family, rather than on just getting pregnant. Tyler, while still feeling the emotions of everything is still less encumbered by them as I have been, and has been able to see things more clearly than I have, and I am so grateful for him! We are just starting the process, which I know will be long, hard and still full of emotions and ups and downs, but we are very excited. We are going through LDS Family Services, and I am glad to be able to work with an agency that understands the importance of families and the eternal nature of them. I have been reading and learning as much as I can the past couple of days and have spent a lot of time on the LDS Family Services web page. As I was reading the immense amount of information there and reading about people who have felt exactly how I feel, my tears where flowing freely and I was so full of the Spirit. I really feel like this is what we need to be doing. I can't say yet that the past two years have all been worth it, because they have been really hard, but I do know that they happened for a reason, giving us time to grow and strengthen our faith and I feel to bring us to this decision. I really feel like we needed to wait and go through all of it so that the right baby could find their way to our home. I am sure that someday, after everything has worked out that I will be able to say that they were worth it! And I know that Heavenly Father will bless us for our desire to have more children, and bless us for the trials and heartache that we have gone through. And we are very excited to eventually, hopefully soon, welcome another child into our family!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
We love you! We're so proud of you! We pray for you always!
Good luck through the process. I, too, am praying for you. It will all work out...it always does.
That is so neat!!! I am excited for you!!!
What wonderful news! There is (or will be) a little baby that needs you to give him/her an eternal family. I'm praying that everything goes well for you!
The "Papa" Martz family in North Edwards adopted one of there children, it's a truly amazing experience. Papa Martz didn't want to adopt but he said when he held his child for the first time he knew it was always meant to be his and he loved it as instantly as his other children. God has prepared your family for a child out there, and he/she is very lucky to have you guys.
Jen im so happy for you guys! i know this has been difficult but you will both be amazing parents yet again with another baby! i love you all!
I love you!
Jen, I think it's awesome that you guys are making the decision to move forward with adoption. I know it's a difficult one (for all involved). I'm praying that the right baby will be placed with your family soon. We don't always choose when or how our children come to us, but I have faith that Heavenly Father will send them when the time is right. xoxo
Post a Comment