April 5 1992
"On Tues March 31 we left of California, DISNEYLAND. My Mom got me out of school early. My name is Jennifer, but I wish my name was Michelle so people would call me Mickey for short. (?!?! Maybe because we were going to Disneyland?) I simply adore that name. But my middle name is Michelle and I can always imagine my 1st name is Mickey. I guess I will name my child Mickey, boy or girl, when I grow up. (Well, that obviously didn't happen!) Well, at 11:51 we started and drove Nevada, Las Vegas! Where we stayed at the Excalibur. Don't you think that the name Excalibur is a simply divine word? Also the word lusoiuous (that is how I spelled it) is a perfectly poetic word. Anyway around 9:00 we left and got in sunny California around 2:00. But the weather again wasn't eggsagly (again that is how I spelled it!) "sunny" at the time. It was pouring rain. I was so afraid that we wouldn't be able to go to Disneyland the next day. We went to bed around 9:30 and woke up at 8:00, or was it 7:00? Oh yeah, 7:00. That morning I was ever so afraid it would be stormy and the 1st thing I did was peek out the window to see the beautiful sun bursting out of some delightfully puffy and clean clouds! Whew!"
Oh, boy...I am really brave to be posting this! Hope it made you laugh as much as I did!
12 comments:
So...you were 11 years old! Now you write (and spell)much better and your imagination has served you well! As for the dramatic...you were very mild compared to at least two of your younger sisters! Maybe they learned from you.
Oh...and next time you move...tell everyone your name is Michelle (and re-train Tyler to use your middle name) and see if any of your new friends call you Mickey. I thought of doing that several times over my life. But Linda isn't any better than Joyce (in my opinion)!
Well, now I like Jen much better!
I know have many of my own journal entries that would provide a lot of entertainment. If fact, I remember at one point in my life I taped the first part of my journal closed and started "my real" journal.
This is one of my favorite posts ever!!! Our Anne Marathon all those years ago was just simply lovely and oh so divine (to use Anne-language) Love you!
That is hilarious! I think those of us who watched Anne of Green Gables as small girls wanted to be just like her. I know I did. It makes me want to watch it again.
wow, you really were trying to be anne, weren't you? it was really good. but i admit to be even more amused that you say you never get tired of them...and yet you fell asleep during it!!
haha. That is awesome. You were always so proper. But now I'm wondering what two younger sisters mom is referring to!!! Ok maybe I'm not really wondering...
I wasn't tired of it Susan, I was just tired! I am not used to it like you writers group people!
i forgot to tell you, too. when i was younger (maybe middle school?), i saw emma for the first time and did the same thing. i tried to sound like her when spoke. i still find myself writing like austen after reading p&p! i don't understand why people stopped talking like that!
This was so funny! Thanks for sharing!
(This is Karma, not Micah, for the record)
Post a Comment