Well, today was the big day! The first day of school! Luke was so excited! He has been asking me for weeks how many more sleeps until school. And for the past week he would tell me as soon as he woke up how many more sleeps. He picked out his shirt last night and had it all laid out. I love seeing how much he is looking forward to school. When we went to his Open House, he asked me if he was going to be able to stay there and learn. I am so happy he is excited to learn! I hope he continues to have that excitement. I miss him already, but shed less tears than I did when he went off the Kindergarten Academy this summer. I guess I got them out of my system! It was neat to see Tyler give them blessings last night. I always loved having my Dad give us blessings before school and glad that Tyler can do the same. So here are some pics of my handsome kindergartener!

So excited to start school!

Finding his way though the maze of a school. This is the most confusing school I've ever been in, and I've been in a lot! And the kindergarten classes are all the way in the back. But we practiced today and Luke knows he goes through the lunchroom, through the door with the fish, past the bulletin board with the tee shirts, and turn by the bathrooms. Plus, our neighbors are in first grade, which is right next to kindergarten, so they'll help him. I think I am way more worried about it than Luke is though!

One last goodbye hug for Mama!

Isaac wanted to be included too. He is excited to be starting preschool. I am doing a Mom's preschool again with friends in the ward and he can't wait!

With his teacher, Mrs. Sullivant.

Off he goes, surveying the classroom.

All ready to learn!
Love you buddy! Miss you already!


5 comments:
I sure love you, Luke!!!
those are quite the directions to his classroom, but I'm sure he does great!
What did he have to say at the end of the day? "I want to know." (Davey in Anne)
I told you it is a confusing school!
He is so little...at least compared to my 6th graders. Good luck in the adjustment!
Post a Comment