Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kid Tag

I saw this on a blog a while ago and thought it was cute.  And since nothing very exciting is happening here, I thought I would blog about this. 

Name and meaning: Luke Tyler Erickson, I suggested Luke, the Tyler is obvious, but after we picked the name I learned that Tyler liked it because it was a bible name and a family name.  Now he thinks that all our kids need a bible and family name, so they don't feel left out! 

Age:
 4

Nicknames: Buddy

Favorite activities: Riding bikes and scooters, trains, painting and play-doh, building things, airplanes and cars. 
 
Favorite foods: Quesadillas (which he calls a cheese pizza), pb & honey sandwiches, oranges, graham crackers and milk, fruit snacks

Least favorite foods: mashed potatoes, they actually make him gag which I think it crazy. Mashed potatoes and gravy are my favorite! I can't wait for Thanksgiving. 

Favorite Music: Disney music, specifically "I'll make a man out of you, You can Fly, and  A Step in the Right Direction, which is from Bed knobs and Broomsticks and drives me ABSOLUTELY crazy! 

Favorite Toys: trains, Cars, and blocks.

Favorite Book: anything! He loves to read, but he particularly enjoys Green Eggs and Ham and Where the Wild Things are. 

Favorite item of clothing: Dinosaur shirts and the Halloween shirt his aunt Kim gave him. He is becoming very opinionated about what he wears and has about 2 shirts that I think are very cute that I practically have to force him to wear! 

What makes him happy: Getting chased by Daddy, being read to, playing with his friends, going to preschool.

What makes him sad: Not getting his way, and when Isaac messes up his toys, when Mom is the last one to get him from Primary.

Luke is such and smart and fun boy! He is learning so much in preschool and is a big help around the house.  He gives great hugs, and he loves playing with his little brother (most of the time!) He has an amazing memory and shocks me with the things that he remembers. He sure makes us proud! 


Name and meaning:Isaac Nelson Erickson, Isaac is the biblical name and Nelson is the family name.  After he was born we also learned that there is an Isaac Nelson on Tyler's side of the family. 

Age: 2, almost 3.

Nicknames: Baby, ( I know he isn't much of a baby anymore, but he is the only baby I have!) monkey and pumpkin. Although lately if you try and call him anything other than Isaac, he says, "Me not a monkey, Me Isaac!

Favorite activities: Riding bikes and scooters, trains, cars and airplanes, pretending to be an animal and following Luke around!
 
Favorite foods: PB&J, oranges, fruit snacks, cheese, spaghetti, and pretzels.

Least favorite foods: Isaac used to be my kid who would eat anything you put in front of him.  But he is becoming more picky (Luke is less picky now, so hopefully Isaac will grow out of this phase soon!) Now he won't eat anything that is mixed together like a casserole or something. I guess he needs to be able to identify exactly what he is putting in his mouth! But even though he is picky, he is ALWAYS hungry! I hear him calling "Me Hungee Mama!" all the time!

Favorite Music: Disney music. He really likes the Color Spectrum song.

Favorite Toys: trains, Cars, and his big dump truck.

Favorite Book: Isaac also loves to be read to. His favorite is Red Hat, Blue Hat. I think that is what it is called. It may be Blue Hat, Green Hat or some other combination of colors! It is a funny book though.

Favorite item of clothing: Dinosaur shirts and the Halloween shirt his aunt Kim gave him.  I don't know if it is really because he likes them, or just because he wants to wear what Luke is wearing.  He isn't near as opinionated about what he wears though. He also still likes to put on his monkey Halloween costumes, he wore it to bed last night.

What makes him happy: Getting chased by Daddy, playing with Luke, eating fruit snacks, and being held by Mom with his baby and his blanket. 

What makes him sad: Not getting his way, and when Luke won't play with him.

Isaac is so creative! He is always making up games to play and always makes us laugh. He has so many expressions, it is easy to tell how he is feeling because it is written all over his face and he is quite dramatic! He is also very cuddly and loving.  He just melts our hearts! 

3 comments:

Tera said...

What darling boys! You sure are lucky to have them. And the "kid tag" s so fun.

Kim said...

Those boys are the sunshine of my life! I love you guys!

Kimberly said...

Hey, this is Kimberly (Gale) from Ricks! So glad I found you! e-mail me at kimberlygprice at hotmail dot com so I can invite you to my blog!