Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Crushed


I am feeling a little crushed right now.  Today has been a hard day.  My sweet and wonderful husband lost his job today.  It was COMPLETELY out of the blue and we had no idea it was coming. I feel like so many things have gone wrong lately, dealing for the past 15 months with not being able to have a baby, (which, maybe this is the reason? Who knows?), things breaking down, my grandma's failing health, and now this.  All of it is making me feel a little weighed down.  Right now, I don't feel like doing much of anything.  Tyler is confindent that he will find a job soon.  I am sure things will work out.   But right now I just want to feel sorry for myself! But still inside of me, is the flame of hope and faith.  It is flickering right now, but it won't go out.  I know Heavenly Father will take care of us.  I am grateful for a loving family, a sweet and faithful husband, a 2 sweet kids that don't like to see their Mama sad and have been trying to cheer me up all day and asking if I am happy now. 

A couple Sundays ago, a quote from the lesson really stood out to me.

"Hope is not knowledge, but rather the abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us. It is confidence that if we live according to God's laws and the words of His prophets now, we will receive desired blessings in the future. It is believing and expecting that our prayers will be answered. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance."

It really helped me then, and has a new meaning to me today. I know things will work out. 

PS My husband called on the way to class tonight to tell me that gas is $1.99.  He knew that would cheer me up, and it did, not just because the price went down, but also because he thought to  do something simple, just to make me smile!

8 comments:

Kellie said...

We're praying for you
Kellie

higbeem said...

I'm also praying for y'all. Keep smiling. Love from your cousin, Monica Higbee

Tera said...

What a shock! I will pray for you as well! I know things WILL work out, and we do just have to have faith and hope. You are a strong person and have a strong family. Good luck as you tackle this new challenge together. If you need anything, please let me know!

Susan said...

i'm so sorry! i know how you feel. the same thing happened to me in florida. i was almost 7 months pregnant and got "permanently laid off", finding myself without insurance and without a pay check. it's demoralizing and scary. but heavenly father did provide for us. fai was offered a better job in st. louis with much better insurance. without my income, there was no reason to turn it down. we moved quickly and, though it was hard to leave my friends and house behind, things here have worked out so much better than i could have hoped. it will work out for your family, too. have your cry (you're definitely entitled to it), but keep your head up. good things are coming and you don't want to miss it.

Kimbrough's in St. Louis said...

Everything happens for a reason. It just may not always be what or when we want it to happen. You are in our prayers and if there is anything we can do for you and your family let us know.
Brandi

Kim said...

You both have a lot of trust in Heavenly Father and are both hard workers so I know everything is going to work out. I love you guys!

Karma said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Good luck to Tyler in his job search. I am sure he will find something soon.

Lyndsie said...

Jen, I am so sorry!!! Seems like we always get hit with everything at once. Hang in there, things will turn around and this time will pass!!