Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday

Today at church was one of those days that I really wished Tyler could be sitting next to me.  Isaac was honestly a nightmare today during sacrament meeting.  Some of it was comical, the rest not so much.  Isaac started out being all cute and cuddly and wanting to sit on my lap.  Then he got weird in the way he wanted me to hold him, so I sat him on the bench.  He was fine until his crackers were gone.   Then, for reasons I still am unclear of, he started screaming, "OUCHIE ON MY BUM!!" over and over.  This was the comical part. So, I took him out in the hall, slightly embarrassed, but mostly trying not to laugh. Of course as soon as I took him out, he was fine.  But as soon as I brought him back in he started screaming it again, the little stinker thought that would be the way to get back out in the hall. Sometimes these kids are too smart for their own good! :) Well, it wasn't so funny anymore, but I distracted him with a book and he was fine, until Luke decided he wanted to read that book.  I held off Luke for as long as I could, then told Isaac that we needed to take turns.  He didn't want too, and that is when he started thrashing around, and screaming and necessitating another quick exit to a classroom, where he sat in time out, and where we remained for the rest of sacrament meeting, which thankfully only had five more minutes left.  Meanwhile, back at our bench, Luke is sitting there all by himself, quietly starting to tear up because he thought I had left him there.  Luckily Daddy rescued him quickly. I could hardly wait to get Isaac to nursery.  So much for a day of rest! The rest of church was great though! 
 
P.S. In regards to my previous post, one of the things I was looking forward to already happened! That would be the one about gas being less than $3 a gal.  It is $2.98! I was cheering in the car when I saw it! 

1 comment:

Kim said...

You deserve the Mom-of-the-Year award :D I am jealous that your gas is that "cheap"! It was $3.39 at the gas station I drive by every morning on the way to work.