We just got back last night from our trip to Texas to see the BYU/TCU game. Out of the last 18 games BYU has played, they have only lost 2 of them. And those are the 2 games we have gone to. Makes me wonder...Is it us? Are we bad luck? Well, needless to say we were not very happy with the outcome of the game. I was the one who was the most frustrated. I have been going to BYU games for as long as I can remember, they are a huge part of my childhood memories. So probably because of that I get way to emotionally involved in them. I was all for leaving early from the game, but Tyler was so insightful to insist that we stay. He said that the boys aren't going to remember who won, they are just going to remember they had fun cheering for BYU and the time we spent together. And they really did have fun. Luke kept cheering "GO BYU!" (until he fell asleep) and Isaac would yell whatever we did. So, if you forget the final score, we had a great time. And I think we are one step closer to convincing the boys that BYU really is where they want to go to college!


This was probably the highlight for the boys. We went to Central Park (not the one in NY obviously) and they had the coolest playground there. They played and got to run around after enduring the LONG car trip. They did a great job in the car though. But it was nice to let them run around.

We stopped in Lewisville TX where Tyler grew up before moving to Ohio. This is his childhood home. He had fun reminiscing.


Luke and Isaac both thought it was so cool to get their faces painted. They weren't very happy when I washed it off this morning.

Cool Cosmo!

We got to meet Ty Detmer and got his autograph. It was pretty cool. The height of my childhood obsession with BYU football was centered around Ty Detmer, the Miami game, and winning the Heisman Trophy.

Isaac is in mid yawn, but he made it through the whole game. For the whole last quarter he sat and played with the pom pom, trying to get it to hang off his hand or something.


Luke made it through three quarters, then just laid down on the bench and fell asleep. That is me carrying him to the car with him still completely zonked out.


On our way home we stopped in Springfield to go to Lambert's Cafe. This is the same restaurant we went to on our anniversary where Tyler ordered Frog Leg's and they throw rolls at you, just a different location. We liked the one in Sikeston better actually. But it was still fun. Luke loved when they threw the rolls. He said we should make rolls at home and throw them too!
This is the game they played while we waited to be seated. They were just so happy to be out of the car!
So, even though BYU lost, we still had a great time, and will still cheer on our Cougars!
4 comments:
I am glad you had some good family time even though BYU didn't win. It's all about the memories anyway!
I was just reading my cousins blog...same cosmo picture, same Ty picture, and same admittance that they, too, were at the last BYU game that BYU lost in Tulsa.
Kellie
I can't believe how much Isaac is talking! I miss you guys!!! I don't think you guys are bad luck - - who knows? Maybe if you hadn't been there for those games, we wouldn't have scored at all or something :D Go Cougars (even though I am kind of frustrated at them right now)!
Kellie,
So maybe it is them, not us! :)
Jen
Post a Comment