Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympic Party

I LOVE the Olympics.  Basically everything get put on hold for the two weeks they are on.  And the Summer Olympics are my favorite.  So, to kick the Olympics off, I had an Opening Ceremonies Party with my fam.

The boys are really into them too and had fun this past week getting ready.  We tie dyed USA shirts and made torches.  



Those that weren't glued to the Opening Ceremonies played games. We had an Olympic Ring toss, the shot put (with crumpled up balls of paper), Archery (with Isaac toy bow and arrow) and a "blowathalon" which was blowing a cotton ball across the floor. We also designed our own flags and played Parade of Nations Bingo.

These are the medals I made.  Gold was made from Rolos, silver was a York Peppermint Patty, and bronze was caramels.  I wish I would have gotten pictures of us playing the games, but I was having too much fun playing.  :)

The kids made Olympic Ring chains, signs, and helped me put up balloons and streamers everywhere.


I made this banner.  Tyler and my brother in law both said, "What does Gousa mean?"  Haha.


And the yummy food...






It was a lot of fun and a great way yo kick off the next two weeks. 
Now all I have to say is GO USA! (not Gousa.)




2 comments:

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

How fun! Wish I could have been there!

Tera said...

What a fun idea Jen! You are so creative.