Monday, July 2, 2012

AZ trip to finally meet our cousins!

Tyler's brother and his wife had a baby a month ago and blessed him this weekend.  So, since we now live so much closer to everyone, we took a little road trip to AZ to finally meet our cute niece and our band new nephew.  Luke and Isaac were so excited to finally meet their cousins...the only ones they have so far! It was so nice to be able to be with our family and be there for Logan's blessing.  We are so glad we live closer  now so we don't have to miss these things! 

Holding cute little Logan.  

Andrew and Lorelei are only a few months apart.  It was so cute to see them play together.

They really liked to be spun around in the chair together.

Luke was so cute with his little cousins.  They are obviously lots younger than he is, but he loved playing with Lorelei and holding Logan.

We also got to stop by Las Vegas to stay with Aunt Kjerstin  and Uncle Steve for a night. Thanks for having us guys!

While we were there we had a conversation about adoption that I've been thinking a lot about ever since.  Kyle and Jessy have some friends that adopted a baby a month or two ago and they told us about how their friends have been feeling uncomfortable about some of the things their baby's birth mother has said on Facebook...things like "I miss my baby."  or "I am excited to see my baby this week." (They have an open adoption.)  Now I want to start off by saying that I understand all adoptions are different, that adoptive parents all have different levels of "comfortableness" with open adoption, and that I don't know the situation of other peoples adoption.  But I've been thinking since then about the word MY.  Andrew IS my baby.  I firmly believe he was meant to be.  I AM his Mom. I am the one that got up with him at night to feed him, that changes his diapers, that cuddles him when he is sick or hurt, that gives him a million kisses and hugs a day, and that is trying to help him grow into a good man.  But he is also his Birth Mother's baby. And he always will be. She is the one that carried him inside of her, that lay laboring in a hospital bed for five days, that gave him life, and gave him a life she believed would be best for him.  I think that an important thing that adoptive Moms need to remember is that just because my baby is also the baby of another Mother, that does not in any way take away from my motherhood toward him.  And if it wasn't for his birth mother, I wouldn't be able to call him my baby at all. Anyway, I didn't mean for this to turn into an adoption post.  But I am so grateful for adoption, for all I have learned from it, for my beautiful little boy. and for his Birth Mother.  Andrew is really one lucky little boy to have two mother's that love him so much!


No comments: