Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Eight is Great!

This past Saturday Luke was baptized.  He was so excited about it.  He had to wait an extra month since our move to Utah interfered with the first day he would have been able to be baptized.  We were planing on having him baptized in our new ward here in Farmington, but the Baptism day here interfered with the blessing of Kyle and Jessy's baby.  So he was baptized in Springville, in my parents ward.  It did make the day a little crazier since I had to bring everything down to my Mom and Dad's house, but it was nice that my Dad was able to conduct the meeting and that so many of our family members could be there.

It was a great day! Almost all of Luke's aunt, uncles, and grandparents were able to participate in some way.  After he was baptized, Luke told Tyler, "That was AWESOME."
Yes it is Buddy! It is awesome to have the gospel for direction, to have the Holy Ghost with you, and to have a loving family! 









Here are some pictures that I took of him.  The only way I could get normal shots of him was to let him make funny faces too.  At first he didn't want to do this at all.  He was annoyed that I was making him wear church clothes on a weekday, and that I was taking time away from playing.  But after we were done, he told me, "That was actually a lot of fun Mom!"

I can hardly believe he is eight years old.  I am so proud of him and the good boy that he is.  The past month has been crazy, his birthday was overshadowed by our move, I haven't even blogged about it! So we tried really hard to make this a special day and I think we succeeded! But I also am glad that he know how important the gospel is to us and I love seeing how important it is becoming to him. 







1 comment: