Thursday, September 29, 2011

Is he really one already?

Andrew baby is one! I can't believe its been a year already. His birthday was bittersweet for me. It's fun to see him grow and learn, but he is quickly leaving babyhood, and that makes me sad. I waited so long for him to come, and I don't know when or if we will have another baby in our home. I sure hope we will. I think that we will. But I've thought lots of things that haven't happened. So, I am just going to enjoy every minute of Andrew and move forward with faith that what is meant to happen for our family will happen, just like they did with Andrew.

And here are several moments we enjoyed with Andrew on his birthday.

Happy birthday boy!
His big brothers graciously helped him open his gifts. I think they liked Andrew's presents more than he did.
He liked the wrapping paper though!
His smile melts my heart every time! And a bonus point to anyone who can spot what is wrong in that picture.
In honor of our favorite sport I made Andrew a little football cake.
He was curious about it at first...
But then wanted nothing to do with it.

Other than smearing the frosting around a bit, he didn't eat a single bite. Instead he ate veggie puffs. Silly baby. Don't you know chocolate is good?

My thoughts have been with Andrew's birth mother a lot this week. I miss her. I would love to be able to see her again. She is an amazing woman. We are of course SO grateful for her gift and the miracle of having Andrew in our family. But we are equally grateful to have her in our life and to know her. Not just because of what she has given us, but just grateful for her. So today and everyday I will given Andrew an extra kiss, a tighter hug, and hold him longer. So he can feel the love we have for him, and the love she has for him.

4 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Happy Birthday, Andrew! It goes by too fast, doesn't it?!

Kim said...

I love you, Andrew Baby!

Heather said...

"Love at Home" is upside down!

Kellie said...

Cute pictures! Happy birthday to Andrew, and way to go Heather (I didn't notice).