Tuesday, September 27, 2011

31

Today is my 31st birthday. I am having a harder time with this one than I did 30. For my 30th birthday we were in Georgia, waiting for Andrew to be born and so focused on him and his birth mother, that I didn't really think about it. I think the only thing we did for my birthday that year was have lunch in the hospital cafeteria, and Tyler put a Reese's Peanut Butter cup on my tray and said happy birthday. Then after Andrew was born we were just so thrilled to finally have a baby, that I didn't really think about it then either.
But I am thinking about it now!! I feel like Phoebe in that Friends episode were she thinks she is turning 30 and then finds out she is actually 31. I'm not quite where I thought I would be at 31. I thought we would have 4 kids now and that we would be done having kids. Now I don't know when or if we will have more kids. I thought when I was "older" I would suddenly be a morning person. I'm not. I thought I would have more patience. I don't.
But I have a wonderful husband and we just celebrated our 9th anniversary. I am so grateful for him. He is my rock and helps me be a better person. I have 3 absolutely beautiful children who are a joy to me.
So I may not be where I thought I would be when I got to my thirties, but I have much to be grateful for. Maybe by my forties I will be those things. Actually I don't want to think about my forties. Can I just start counting backwards now?

3 comments:

Tera said...

Yes! Let's count backwards. Just wait until you turn 32!

Kim said...

I think you are as beautiful as ever! Although, I'm not really looking forward to 30, so I can sympathize. :)

Kellie said...

You're funny! And I love how there are so many parts of our lives that we can say it reminds us of an episode of Friends.