Monday, August 1, 2011

Parade of Homes

My Mom and my sister have a tradition of going to the Parade of Homes every summer when I come to visit. While seeing all these beautiful homes makes us covet them, it is a lot of fun. We saw lots of beautiful homes today. I actually didn't get pictures of my favorite home, I was to busy enjoying it, it's amazing layout and use of space, and beautiful decorating. But here is the sketch of the home and a link to it's floor plan. The amount of storage this home has is amazing! I totally covet storage room, because my home has very little of it!


I did get pictures of my other 2 favorites.

One of them was modeled after the house in the movie UP! I love that movie...it always makes me cry. They even had a little old man dressed up like Carl sitting on the front porch, and had it decorated like the house in the movie. It was missing the big bunch of balloons coming out of the chimney though. :) I am not sure I would like such a brightly colored house, but I did love the layout of the house, and the retro kitchen and bath tub were so cool! Plus you all know how much I love Disney! There were so many little details in the house from the movie, The Adventure Book, Russell's backpack, pictures on the wall, and Carl's ties are a few. I didn't include all the pictures, but here are some.


Carl and Ellie's chairs...

The painting of Paradise Falls...

Aren't those appliances awesome!?

The nursery they were never able to fill :(

Awesome claw foot tub...

and a Toy Story room that isn't in the movie, but is still cool. :)


The other house was one of those crazy rich houses.

It had an awesome back yard and an amazing view...

a great playroom...


awesome bedrooms (5 of them)...

some serious food storage...

a fun playhouse...

an exercise room...

a slide and rock climbing wall...

and a half pipe...yes, really. A half pipe.
I would make all my kids friends sign a waiver that they wouldn't sue us before they could play!

And a man cave/2nd garage...

This is how you know it is a man cave...



This is the license plates from one of the cars...
Yeah, ya think!

My Dad watched the big boys, and we took Andrew.

This is what he thought of the experience...

He actually did really good, especially in the houses.

See, he was happy most of the time!

It was a fun and busy day. And even though those homes are really nice and I did covet many of them, I am looking forward to getting back to my own little house, where my awesome husband is working so hard while I am gone to improve it! Can't wait to see it!

2 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

I've always wanted to go to that!

Anonymous said...

http://lisascrazydreams.blogspot.com/2011/08/wish-that-keeps-on-giving-photo-alert.html The story behind the Toy Story bedroom in the UP house.