Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last days of summer

This summer went by WAY to fast for me. With summer school, family visiting, Andrew's sealing, and visiting Utah, there weren't very many days of "normal" summer activities. We had fun though!
For the last few days of summer we tried to get as much in as possible.
On Monday we went to the Botanical Gardens. It was fun! It was the first time we've gone, I think because you have to pay and there are so many free things to do in St. Louis, we just never got to it.
This is what I liked the best...
and this...
but my kids liked feeding the Koi fish. We were here for a long time...
and playing in the Children's Garden. There are slides, things to climb on, caves, a tree house, and tons more, but this was their favorite spot.
Andrew is fearless in water and loves to stick his face in the fountains.
Luke liked to sit on the fountains.
And Isaac ran around so much I could hardly get a picture of him.
And another of Andrew because he is so cute!
The next day we went to the zoo.
We saw the sting rays and sharks...
rode the Carousel. Andrew wasn't sure about it. He would go between laughing and then getting scared and grabbing my head.
And of course, being boys, their favorite place was the Reptile House. Now that they are older, I think I enjoy the zoo even more because they are so curious about the animals and want to read the facts about each one.
We also met Tyler at the famous Crown Candy Kitchen, but the line was ridiculous to get in, about an hour, so we just got ours to go and ate in the car. It was yummy though!

So sad summer is over!! But they were both excited for the next adventure of school!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Fun times! Next time I'm out there, I want to go to Crown Candy Kitchen. I think I would enjoy it immensely. :D