Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rainy Days

Today is the last day of summer school, so I feel like summer is about to truly begin! I'm looking forward to not having to drag the kids out of bed every morning to get ready! It has been nice just being able to be with Andrew, I feel like a first time mom with just a baby to occupy me each day. It's a different kind of busy and it has been nice. But I miss my big boys and will enjoy having them home for a month and a half before school starts.

They have had Fridays off for the past month, but unfortunately, some of them have been rainy. Isaac did say that he liked rainy days because that meant he could do whatever he wanted in the house...whatever that means! :)

Last Friday was a really rainy day...
SO SWEET!

To keep them busy (and to clean up a big juice spill from when a certain 5 year old tried to pour himself a glass out of a full container) I put them to work "Swabbing the Deck."
I am a little bit of a control freak when it comes to certain things, but once I got over the fact that they weren't going to do it just how I showed them and that the floor and the kids were going to get SOAKED, they had a lot of fun. Luke changed his clothes he was so wet. Isaac was a little less sloppy surprisingly.

Isaac even dressed up like a pirate.
My floor has never been cleaner and they have asked to do it again. I may never have to mop my floor again!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

This looks like so much fun! I'm gonna have to remember the "Swabbing the Deck" trick when I have kids:) Also, that rainy day pic is SO precious!! Love you guys!

Tera said...

I'm with Isaac. I love rainy days because you can just stay at home! I hope you are right and you never have to mop again.

Kim said...

Swabbing the Deck - - what a great idea! :) I'm with Isaac too. I love rainy days. It was raining here this morning and I REALLY wanted to just crawl back in bed and forget about work for the day :)