Wednesday, June 1, 2011

7 years old

Luke's birthday was on a Sunday this year, so we had a nice relaxed day at home. I've decided to only throw the kids "friend parties" on their even birthday's and their odd birthdays will be family ones.

Anyway, we did take him to lunch on Saturday to the place of his choice (McD's) and on Friday went to a drive in movie (Kung Fu Panda) so he had plenty of fun!

Here are some highlights of his big day...

Our traditional birthday breakfast, Monkey Bread.

His favorite present, a Bey Blade Battle Station. He was so cute, he didn't want to open his presents until he was offiically seven, which is 3:25pm. I'm surprised he had the patience!

The real cake...

If you are the birthday boy, you get to take the candles out of the cake.

Here is how Isaac felt about that.


It's hard to be five sometimes!

And I can't believe this one is SEVEN!

Seven seems so much older than six. But I say that every year, 3 seemed so much older than 2, 4 older than 3 and so on. They just grow up too fast! If I ask Luke to stop growing up so fast, he just says "I don't know how!"

Love you buddy!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday to Luke, though my favorite picture is of Isaac's reaction to the candle rule.

Kim said...

I love Luke's answer - "I don't know how!" Love you, Luke!

It looks like Isaac and I are two peas in a pod when comes to taking out the birthday candles. I'm happy to say I've out grown that. ;)