We started celebrating Luke's birthday a week early with a BBQ and fun in the pool.
Filling up water balloons was a favorite thing to do!
Make a wish!

On his real birthday I made his favorite breakfast, Monkey bread, and put candles in it. Blowing out candles is one of the most fun things to do on your birthday, right? Well, if you are five it is, so why not take every chance you can get to do it!
We drove up to Nauvoo the afternoon of his birthday, and when we got there, we opened presents. His scooter was one of his favorite gifts! He also liked the Slinky Isaac gave him and the real camera from Aunt Kimmy.
More candles! And yes, those are powdered sugar donuts. I didn't want to bring a cake to Nauvoo, so I convinced him that he really wanted a donut cake. Those donuts are one of his favorite treats, so it really wasn't that hard to talk him into it!
One of my favorite places in Nauvoo, the beautiful temple.
That night we went to the show called "Sunset on the Mississippi." The kids got to make hats and wave flags for a parade.
Loving Aunt Kimmy, and trying to stay warm on the wagon ride around Nauvoo. It was the first thing we did and is was much cooler that I had thought. It warmed up in the afternoon though.
We got to make a rope. The boys thought it was really cool and were very excited that we got to take it home. They also liked getting the brick, the nail ring and the horse shoe, and getting the cookie at the bakery. They asked to go back to the bakery again!
This area was their favorite place by far. There are two log cabins and lots of games pioneer kids played. I think my kids liked them better than most toys we have at home!


Riding some sheep.
Down by the Mississippi.
I love the buildings there! I wish my house could look like these, with a modern kitchen and indoor plumbing of course!
This is Tyler in front of a home that belongs to one of his ancestors. It isn't one open for tours, but still, pretty cool to think his great-great grandpa lived there.
We had a great time in Nauvoo. One of my favorite memories was when I went to watch the movie about Joseph Smith with Isaac so he could fall asleep, he was out in like ten minutes. It was so nice to sit there and cuddle Isaac. I remember looking down and his sweet, sleeping face and I just felt so grateful for Joseph Smith for making it possible for me to be sealed to Isaac, Luke and Tyler.















3 comments:
It looks like Nauvoo has changed since the last time we were there. Time for another trip. Cute pictures of a cute eternal family.
Yap! That's the Mendenhall home!
I'm disappointed that you didn't do the cake with the house, the yard, the family, toys,ect....
Post a Comment