Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We saw the President

President Obama came to Arnold today to mark his 100th day in office.  Tyler went online and signed up for tickets.  After you signed up, you had to wait to see if you won the lottery drawing they were having and we were amazed that Tyler got some.  So we went.  We didn't vote for him and don't agree with a lot of his politics, but still he is the President and as Tyler said, it isn't everyday that you get the chance to see the President.  I think we were in the minority there though, most of the people seemed to be pretty big Obama supporters.  There were a few protesters outside, mainly protesting abortion.  They had some pretty graphic signs of abortions up that really nearly made me lose my breakfast.  It took us about 1 1/2 hours to get through security though.  It was pretty neat to see him up close.  I still don't agree with his politics, actually have little patience with most politicians, but I will give him this, he is a very eloquent speaker. He said some stuff about families being responsible for their kids and encouraging them in school that I liked. I just wish he would support the family in other areas.  But I am glad that Tyler talked me into going.  It was a chance that I most likely will never have again, and it was wonderful to spend time with my husband. 

This is the line to get in, it wrapped around the building. It took as long to go through the line as to sit through the program.  



4 comments:

Mom Box said...

Arnold's day in the spotlight!

Kellie said...

I think it's very exciting, agree with him or not.

Robin Erickson said...

What an opportunity! I understand the politics thing :)

Tera said...

What an adventure...glad you got to go!