Monday, April 20, 2009

5K

On Saturday Tyler and I ran a 5K.  One of Tyler's New Year's Resolutions was to run one, so he would be motivated to work out, and he convinced me to do it as well.  I was a little worried that I would end up in last place, since I am no runner, but we both did better than we were expecting.  My goal was to walk/jog it on 45 minutes-about 15 minutes per mile. (A 5K is 3.1 miles) I did it in 34 minutes, about 11 minutes per mile.  Not bad considering our treadmill broke a month ago and I haven't run that much since then.  I was proud of myself to because I ran the first 1.25 miles straight through.  Now, I wasn't running very fast, but still, I was running.  Tyler did awesome.  He said before he would be happy to do it in 25 minutes and he did it in 23:20-about 7-8 minute miles! Way to go Babe! So, we were both feeling pretty proud of ourselves! And let me tell you, runner's high is a real thing! I felt so good for the rest of the day, better than I have felt all week, that isn't say much considering my week, but still, it was a great feeling! We are planning on doing another one, and maybe I will work harder preparing for this one! 


7 comments:

Kim said...

Way to go! You guys are awesome!

Susan said...

wow, that's really good! i'm so impressed! i love running, but i am no distance runner. congrats!

Mom Box said...

You are inspiring me! Maybe I'll challenge your dad to run with me in the Art City 5K.

Kellie said...

I'm impressed! Did they have people cheering and passing out water, or is that only for like the Boston Marathon?

Kimbrough's in St. Louis said...

You both should feel great about this accomplishment. Way to go and best wishes in preparing for the next one!

Robin Erickson said...

Good Job! Now Dad and I have to get motivated!

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

You rock! I wish my feet didn't go numb...working on that one still. Did you celebrate?