Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Luke is 4!






Happy Birthday Luke! I really can't believe he is four. I know all Mom's feel this way, but kids really do grow up so fast! All I can think about right now is that in one year he will be in Kindergarten, away from me all day. But he had a really fun birthday. Tyler took the day off of work, since he had class that night and wouldn't have been able to see him at all that day. So we went to the Magic House in the morning. Luke loves going there. It is a cool place for kids with lots of hands on activities and pretend play areas for kids, like a grocery store, a pizza parlor, a fishing pond, a construction site, sand and water tables and lots more. We let him choose going there or the zoo. He had fun. Then we had a little family party with presents and cake and ice cream. When he would tell me what he wanted on his cake he would always say he wanted a picture of Mommy, Daddy, Luke, and Isaac playing ball in the backyard and he would add things like a dinosaur, a airplane, or a train. Well, I thought I could draw some stick figures on the cake, but that didn't work out very well so I just frosted it. He didn't even say anything about it, so I don't think he minded at all. The presents were obviously his favorite part of the day. His face was priceless as he was opening them, just pure excitement. He still has his friend birthday party on Saturday and he is very, very excited for it. We are having a slip and slide party and BBQ at our house. He loves the slip and slide and keeps talking about it. More pics of that to come.
And just as an end note, here are some funny things that my four year old has done lately. The other day he came out of his room after his break, and it was one of the few days that he actually fell asleep, so when he came out he was still half asleep, a little confused, and wearing nothing but his underwear. I asked him if he had had an accident, and he said no. So I asked him why he didn't have any clothes on, and he just said, "I don't know Mama." It makes me laugh to think of him, half asleep and thinking that he needed to take off his clothes. He also is really into bugs. Potato bugs/Roly Poly bugs are his favorite. He loves picking them up and letting them crawl on his arms. He told us that roly polys eat with their eyes because they don't know how to use forks, and that he is going to teach them how to use a fork. I love hearing the things he says and I LOVE my four year old!

4 comments:

Robin Erickson said...

I love reading your blogs! The boys are so cute! I love Isaac's curly hair and hearing of Luke's cute conversations! I need to get Luke's present in the mail!

Tera said...

I can't believe you have been a mom for 4 years! Crazy how time flies. It looks like you all had a super fun day!

Mom Box said...

SOOO cute!!! Both of them!!! Can't wait to see you all in person again but I love reading your blog! Keep it up.

Kim said...

I love you Jen! Your boys are so cute. You and Tyler are terrific parents!