Monday, May 19, 2008

Isaac's "jokes" and What is a Pooch?

Well, I think is it time for another standard "my kids are really cute" post. This is mainly for the benefit of family members who don't get to see all these cute things on a regular basis, and also because my kids really are really cute!

Let's start with Isaac first. Just because he is my second born doesn't mean he always has to go second! I have started potty training him, although, for some reason, Mom is the one that is having the hardest time getting motivated to really get going on it. You would think that having NO kids in diapers would be motivating enough! But he is doing really good. When you sit him on the potty you can always tell when he is about to do his business because he will look down at the potty, then look at you and have a huge grin on his face the whole time he goes. He also loves wearing underwear. Whenever he gets to wear is he doesn't like to have his pants on, so he can see the underwear better, and he will run around in circles saying "una-wear!"

He gets so excited about everything! When you tell him we are going to do something he finds exciting (which honestly is practically everything from going outside to getting a drink of milk) he will raise both hands above his head and yell "Yay-Hay-Hay" He has also started to tell "jokes." I think he has picked this up from his joking Daddy! He makes anything into a joke, like, "direl (squirrel) in twee! HAHAHAHA!" And when he laughs he either tips his head way back or will bend over. It is really cute and of course you have to laugh with him, which just encourages him, so he will repeat his "joke" several times. He also has started wearing his little backpack all the time. He will hoard various items in it, like his tooth brush, trains, blocks, his socks and shoes, snacks, and movies, then he has to put it on by himself. For awhile he had a hard time doing that all by himself, which would frustrate him, but if you tried to help him, he got really mad too, so it was a no-win situation. But luckily he has gotten much better at doing it all by himself. Since he is 2, he wants to do everything by himself. "Me do it" is probably his most commonly said phrase. He has a few favorite games. He likes to play dinosaurs where he will chased you around yelling ROAR! and saying "me eat you". He also likes to play "Daddy's hat." Pretty much as soon as Tyler gets home Isaac will say, "Hi Daddy. Daddy hat." Which means," Daddy put me on your shoulders and I will be your hat." He also likes to play "push Daddy." He will push Tyler over and tackle him. He gets a great kick out of this. it is very cute to watch. He is growing up so fast!!

And Luke is equally as cute. He imagination and memory amaze me. We have had several lessons for Family Home Evening that have really stuck with him. One was a lesson about the Creation. He asks me all the time, "Did Jesus make the cars? Or the slide? Or the movie?" Sometimes his Mom doesn't quite know what to say, but I usually just say yes because basically everything comes from Jesus. We had a really funny conversation about it a few days ago. He said, "Mama, did Jesus drop fish into the river?" I said, "Yes, Jesus put the fish into the river." Luke: "No, Mama. Did Jesus DROP them into the river?" Me: "I don't know if He dropped them in the river, but He did put them in the river." Luke: "I think He dropped the fish Mama." What a funny kid!

He has also heard me tell him that we do things, like go to Church and pray and read scriptures because Jesus wants us to. Well, he has picked up on that too. If I tell him no, like, "No, you can't watch a movie right now." He will say, "But Jesus wants me to watch a movie." I have a hard time keeping a straight face when he says that! He also is really into letters, which is good. He asks me all the time how to spell things and then he will ask me, "What does lerekedhijklmnop spell?" He has a great memory too. Whenever we are driving home and we come to the intersection where we turn left, he will point to the right and say, "Luke Neiderhouser lives that way, we brought him presents at Christmas for a surprise." Which we did this past Christmas. It not only amazes me that he remembers that 5 months later, but that he can pronounce Neiderhouser perfectly! He also likes to know that we are doing tomorrow and the next day and so on. So he will hold up a hand and point to the first finger and say "What are we doing on today?" and I will tell him and he will go to the next finger and say "What are we doing on tomorrow?" until he gets to the end of his fingers. And he always remember what we are doing, what finger we are going to do it on and in the right order. He also likes to make up nonsense words. His favorite made up word is Pooch. He will say it if he is being silly, if he knows you are trying to get him to say a certain thing, when he gets in trouble. It is a pretty universal word in his vocabulary. His favorite movie right now is 101 Dalmatians. He loves pretending to be dog and likes me to pet him and feed him "dog bones" which are really animal crackers.

We also just went to a Cardinals game this past Friday. We have lived here 2 and a half years and finally made it to a game. St. Louis is a HUGE baseball town. It was a lot of fun to go. We rode the Metro train downtown, and that was definitely the boys favorite part of the day. Once we got to the game Luke asked where the Cardinals were and we would point to the baseball players, and he said, "Oh, well, other Cardinals are birds." I think he would have rather seen the birds!! I am a little mad at my self because I forgot the memory card to the camera in the computer and the memory on our camera holds one whole whopping picture, so all I got was a picture on the train.

But since that was the boys favorite part of the night I guess it works out. After we left I asked Luke what he liked the best, the train or the game, and he said the train. I wasn't surprised!

Sorry about the long post, but as you can see my kids are just so cute!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Seems like I know someone else who used to like packing things around in different bags...Jennifer Michelle :) Maybe Isaac will like notebooks when he is older ;) At least you know Luke is paying attention to what you are telling him =D Your boys are smart! Love you guys!

Kim said...

P.S. Isaac's hair is so curly! I love it :)

Dan Box said...

Hey Jen I really love this blog, its fun to see what my nephews are up to and see how my oldest sister is doing, I always like to think that If Jen can do what she's doing and still have a grin on her face, I can handle whatever comes up. thanks for your example, or should I say Ejemplo, it was good to talk to you, you keep a smile on my face.