Friday, May 2, 2008

Traumatic Experience or Silly Me?

Yesterday I had a traumatic experience, well it was traumatic for me at least. Some people will probably think I am silly though. But anyway, we have these cute little bunnies that will come into our backyard. They play right outside my kitchen window and I can watch them play while cooking dinner or doing the dishes. Well, yesterday I had preschool at my house and we were going outside to play Mother May I, and right by my deck, was a little bunny missing its head! Well, I freaked out and scared the kids a little. None of them saw it though. I didn't really know what to do because I WAS NOT going to touch it by myself, so I just covered it up with Frisbee and tried to put on a " I'm not grossed out" face and finish playing the game. I was glad though that I was the one that found it, and not one of the kids. So anyway, after preschool I called Tyler, and he was a little freaked out too. He was afraid that we had some crazy animal running around our neighborhood or a crazy person hurting animals. So he suggested I call the Humane Society. So I called them, not really knowing what to say, and they assured me that it was probably a cat or dog, and that it is normal for them to play with small animals like that, adding to my list of reasons why I do not want a cat or dog. They also said that since it wasn't a clean cut, it probably wasn't a crazy person either. So, I felt slightly silly for freaking out some much. But not really, because it was gross, and I kind of felt like the bunny was a pet. Tyler also felt silly after telling some people at work, and they were like, "Oh, no big deal, my cat brings me stuff like that all the time." Gross. So, when Tyler got home from work, he got to go disposed of it, along with the Frisbee. I didn't want to put that in my dishwasher, or hand wash it, and even if I did, every time I saw the Frisbee after that I would remember what I used it for! I then sprayed down the whole area with bleach. I really hope that I don't find any other surprises out there, and it will probably take me some time to be able to go out back without being a little nervous about what I will find! Sorry if I grossed out any of you, but I had to share my traumatic experience!

No comments: