Thursday, June 19, 2008

I should just mind my own business

That was how someone at the post office started her conversation with me. Warning sign right there huh! Well, this is what happened. I was writing the address on the package I was mailing and Isaac was over by all the packing supplies. Luke was trying to get Isaac back by me and decided to try and pick him up. (Just a side note, he had just seen his friend Max, who is 5 1/2, pick up his baby brother who is one.) So, I am sure he thought he could do it too. Well, Luke is less than a head taller than Isaac, and there is less than a 5 pound difference between the two of them, so picking him up was harder than he thought it would be. He ended up with his arms around Isaac's neck, and then both of them falling to the ground. Then I heard someone say, "That wasn't very nice!" I brought Luke and Isaac back over to me and Luke was telling me that he was trying to carry Isaac, but he is too big, and the next thing I know there is a lady next to me saying "I should just mind my own business, (warning, warning) but your older son had both arms around his neck and was choking him." Well, maybe she was really concerned that I had a very violent four year old or something and thought she was saving Isaac's life or something, but if you feel like you have to start a sentence with, I should just mind my own business, maybe you should take your own advice! :) The joys of Motherhood!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Dumb lady. She probably isn't even a parent or around kids very much. Silly people.