Thursday, August 23, 2012

Andrew

I've been meaning to post about Andrew for a long time, so this may get long.  In case you needed further evidence that he is the cutest little boy around, here's the proof. 


Andrew is soooo smart.  Sometimes he is too smart.  He is already asking tons a questions and he isn't even 2 yet.  He first started asking "What's that?" He's been doing that for months.  Then he added, "Why?" and lately (and cutest of all) its "What doin'?" When you answer he says, "Oh."

He lives life with such great joy.  He never just walks anywhere.  He is always running, hopping, dancing, galloping, or skipping.  When Luke and Isaac were taking swim lessons, he and I would play in the splash pad nearby. The entire time he was running for place to place squealing with joy and laughing.  Whenever Tyler comes home from work, he immediately says "Dada!" and runs to him for a hug.  Before bedtime he goes around to everyone and gives them a big kiss.  He is polite too.  He always says thank you, or thanks. When he burps he says "S'cuse me." And in true little boy fashion he tries to make himself burp sometimes so he can say S'cuse me.  

He is so cute when he plays.  Here are a few examples.  He found a little toy skateboard, the size of a Hot Wheel and he put it on the ground, put on foot on it, and tried to skateboard with it. He loves to put toys down his shirt, or mine, and say, "Where doh (go)?"  When he is building towers with blocks he cheers himself on each time by shaking a fist above his head and saying, "Did it!" He LOVES to play outside.  He is always saying, "Ahnt (want) doh outside." He loves to jump off of things, like the steps. He will say, "two, three, doh!" jump off, and look so proud of himself.  Luke and Isaac like to watch Wheel of Fortune and Andrew likes to yell out letters. E is his favorite.  And he claps when they clap. He loves to play the iPad.  That was actually one of his early words. iDad is how he says it though. His favorite game is Mickey Mouse Road Rally. That's my boy to love Mickey already. :) There is a section where you are supposed to cheer a character on.  It's so cute to hear him say, "Doh Pete Doh!" He loves cookies.  Except he also thinks crackers are cookies.  He always says, "Ahnt cookie." 

He is also an excellent 2 year old.  I have to remind myself that he isn't actually 2 yet, because he sure acts like it! Those "terrible twos" have come a little early! He is very independent, persistent, and stubborn. All of which are traits that will serve him well someday, but right now make life a little hard for both of us and result in some temper tantrums.  When he is angry he will grab your arm and pinch as hard as he can. Which is really hard because he is so strong and I am pretty sure he is just one solid piece of muscle!  But when he pinches, that means it's time for 2 minutes of cool down time in his bed.  As soon as you start walking him up to his room, he starts hugging you and patting you on the back. It almost works, but not quite.  :)

He also doesn't like to be restrained.  AT ALL.  Which means that meals last about 2 minutes in which he is stuffing his face as fast as he can. It also means that shopping is an adventure.  Which leads me to this last picture.  So we are headed to Disneyland in November.  SHHHHHHHHHH....my kids don't know!!!! I am as excited about surprising them as I am about going, so don't spoil it!! :) Good thing they don't read my blog.  Anyway, I know there is NO WAY that Andrew will sit in a stroller for most of the day for 5 days.  So, I got him a leash.  I know lots of people make fun of these things, but say what you will, I know my son.  I know that the alternative would be to have him screaming in the stroller the whole time,or to lose him when he inevitably runs off somewhere.  So, we've been practicing with it.  First at the county fair and then at Lagoon. He actually likes it because I told him that if he wants to walk, he needs to wear it. And he likes to walk.  Now we just need to work on getting him to go in the same direction as everyone else.  :)


So, there is what Andrew is up to lately.  Told you he was the cutest little boy ever. :)

2 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

He is so dang cute! And, I have nothing against leashes on kids...there's a reason they sell them, right?!

Kim said...

Love this boy sooooooooooooo much!!!!!