Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Farewell Olympics

I miss the Olympics already.  I feel like there is nothing to do each night now! Except now maybe I can get to bed at a decent hour!

My boys really got into it with me.  We tracked all the medals and Luke and Isaac were so excited that "The USA won the whole Olympics." That is a direct a quote from Isaac. 


We also learned about some of the countries and made food from that country.  We made bangers and mash for England, got Panda Express for China, and made French Bread when we learned about France.  Luke really like it.  Isaac not so much.  When Luke was saying how much he liked it, Isaac said, "I think you are just saying that to be nice." :)

Isaac has been recreating Olympic events all week.  Volleyball with balloons, shot put, hurdles, running, pole vault with a wooden dowel, you name it.  He is obsessed with winning gold medals.  Whenever he does something first, he wins a gold medal.

But so long London. I will miss Al, Tim, and Elfie. I will miss Rowdy, and that chick that does the diving. (Apparently her and I aren't on a first name basis like I am with the rest of them.)  Thanks Michael, Missy, Alison, Ryan, and Nathan. Thanks Gabby, Aly, Jordyn, Kayla, and McKayla. Thanks Usain, Sonya, and Allyson. Thanks Misty and Kerri. It's been great!

No comments: