Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Isaac turns six!

We just celebrated Isaac's 6th birthday this past weekend. I say this every year, but six seems so much older than five! We are so happy and grateful that six years ago this awesome kid came to our family.

Here are somethings Isaac is doing right now. He loves school and is doing so well. He is an excellent reader and right now he really loves reading Elephant and Piggie books because he can read them all. by. himself. He also likes Lego books about Ninja's and Star Wars. About a month ago I told him if he didn't stop sucking his thumb when he turned six I would take away this blanket. He didn't like that idea very much, but it seems to have worked. He hasn't sucked his thumb since his birthday! I just wish I would have done this sooner! He loves to play soccer and to run. He loves to have Luke read to him. He still loves dogs and cowboys. :) And we love him very much!

Last year I told my kids they would only have a "friend" party on the years they turned even numbers...which unfortunately for me all fall in the same year! But here is the picture I used to make the invitations to Isaac's Mickey Mouse birthday.
What a cute kid!

Here he is the morning of his birthday having our traditional monkey bread breakfast.

And some Pintrest inspired decorations and cupcakes...


And cute Andrew. This is what he does every time he sees my camera...

After school we went to Chuckie Cheese, and then to Pizza Hut.

Then it was back home to open presents and have cake and ice cream.



On his birthday, Andrew didn't want anything to do with the chocolate cake, but this time he was all over it!
The next day we had the Mickey Party. This is Magical Mickey Spots, which is really just a cake walk to Disney music, except we used candy.
I made some Mickey Mouse paddles and we hit balloons with them.
We also played Donald, Donald, Mickey (Duck Duck Goose) and Pin the Ear on Mickey. No pics of that though.




Isaac said several times that day, "This is the best birthday ever!" I hope so kiddo, because I sure love you!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love you, Isaac! Your mom sure planned a fun birthday for you! When you move to Utah, I want you to read the Elephant and Piggie books to me. Those books are so funny!

Love,
Aunt Kimmy