Thursday, January 19, 2012

So tired of painting!

My Mom and Dad came out to help get things done around the house. It was sooo helpful since Tyler is only able to do things on Saturday. We mostly painted. It isn't as much fun to paint when it isn't something you are going to enjoy. (Unless you are painting a room for your mother-in-law who you love for her Christmas gift! Hi Robin!) My advice to everyone is to look at your home every year and think what you would do if you were selling and do it! That way you don't have to do it all at once and you will actually get to enjoy it! Most of the stuff we have done have been fairly small, but they add up when you put them off.
So, here are some before and afters...

I painted my dining room, well half of it. Here is what what it used to look like...
And now...

The main room we did was the basement. I wish we would have done it sooner, but I know why we kept putting it off. It was a major pain in the patootie! It took 3 days, 2 days of my Mom and me doing it while my Dad fixed the lights, and the 3rd day with me, my Mom and Dad all doing it together.

Here are the before/during shots...
The fact that we had 2 snow days last week might have slowed us up...but Luke and Isaac actually were pretty good and helped a lot with Andrew. I just felt bad I didn't get to do anything fun with them for their first snow days.

And the after...
I like Mickey Mouse. Can you tell? :)
The pictures don't even do justice to how much better it looks! Wood paneling is so ugly! Now it just looks lighter and much bigger.


But now, I don't want to paint anything for a very long time. Unfortunately, I still have a few things that need touched up. Hopefully our new home won't require lots of painting. But knowing me, I will probably want to. At least this time I will get to enjoy it!

9 comments:

Kim said...

And I'll come help you paint your new house! :) Everything looks amazing! I love the changes in the dining room and I agree - the basement looks way bigger. Love you!

Kellie said...

I love the dining room!

Stephanie said...

It looks great! I agree that you should take it one project at a time while you are living there so you can enjoy it :) We experienced that same thing before we put our house on the market

Kathe said...

I remember when I was painting my house. It was so much work..almost 3000 square feet I paited...and I felt like you when I was done..I don't want to paint anything else for a loooong time...good job Jennifer..The basement looks so much bigger and nicer:)

Mom Box said...

It WAS a lot of hard work! But it was worth it! Dining room looks great too. Love you all!

Mom Box said...

It WAS a lot of hard work! But it was worth it! Dining room looks great too. Love you all!

Tera said...

Looks great! All your hard work will definitely pay off!

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

Jen, the house looks amazing!

Angie said...

Everything looks great! Did you just paint over the paneling? Or did you replace it?

I am just now catching up on blogs since I haven't been good about reading. Congrats on Tyler's new job! I hope you can sell your house soon so you can join him in Utah.

Your boys are adorable and getting so big! They grow too fast, don't they? :(